Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious for all those workers with IBS - how many days do you tend to miss a year due to IBS? I had always sworn that I wouldn't let IBS rule my life, but after being up throughout the night with no relief, I had to call it a day and not go in the office. Luckily, I've had my job for several months (still very new) but have been able to make a real impact and make the powers that be happy, so occasional illness isn't minded too much. In the past 5 months I've had to miss 2 days b/c of the IBS. I've seen a lot of posts asking how people get through the work day, so I thought I'd add my own in:1) I realize that the ride to work is the worst part b/c there's no bathroom.2) I make sure I measure out 64 oz of water every morning so I know I'm getting my full amount3) I try and try to make sure I put as much in perspective as possible. As kmottus was so kind as to help me out with, I tend to beat myself up over stupid little things at work.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.