Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a letter from a spirited MS sufferer I have been corresponding with. His previous letters are in MEETING PLACE but I feel that this letter & the one following may be of particular value to people reading this forum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dave,I wanted to tell you that there was a missprint on the price of my ebook. Yesterday, it was listed at $19.95 but it's supposed to be only $12.95. I'd appreciate it if you could let the members of IBS know that. I plan on joining your group tomorrow.I thought it was interesting that you had reclusive problems in your past. In the 90's I was anxious and afraid to go anywhere for most of the decade. Luckily, my ex-wife's father suffered from anxiety problems so she was aware of the problem and very considerate but it was still tough. I had jobs in the 90's where I had to travel around Minneapolis and bid on the work. I used to tell people I knew where every bathroom was in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. It was a constant white knuckle time. The reason I was so panicky was that I had pooped in my pants 3 or 4 times in the early 90's. I always thought this was anxiety but my MS and sphincter probably had something to do with it. I plan on writing an ebook on anxiety only in the future. But by the mid 90's I didn't care if I went anywhere. Even now I don't go out and do many things because I still have some of that good old reclusiveness in me! In 1992 I had a carpet cleaning business. We had to clean a restaurant one night and it took me 4 times to get out the door because I was so anxious. I'd get my hand on the door and maybe twist it but then I would turn around and go back to the couch because I was too scared to go out that door. I thought I was "nuts"!. Finally, I had to get going to meet my employees at the restaurant. I forced myself to turn the doorknob and just leave. Once I got going the anxiety passed but that was one of the times I still remember! I got a million stories like that one!If I wanted to put articles on my experiences in the IBS blog page could I do that?Lastly, where are you located? It sounds hot there! Today was the coldest day of the winter here. It was about 10 F. It's supposed to warm up again tomorow. Talk later,Jon

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More from Jon. I wonder if any of you have heard of Dr Claire Weekes on anxiety? Please read on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DaveI tried to sign up today but couldn't find the right spot on the IBS website. Let me know where to sign up. You can go ahead and use my letter. Please just include my website http://disabiz.websitewizard.com so I can start selling some ebooks or the other products that I now have on my website. I have a question....would that letter be considered a blog? I want to start writing blogs for my website and I was just wondering. I noticed that 250 people had read my little blurb about "I'll Run Again In Heaven" but no one had purchased it yet. Remind people that the price is now $12.95.The way I cured (?) LOL my anxiety was to read 4 books by a Dr. Claire Weekes. She was in Australia and a psychiatrist. She was older and may be dead now. I don't know. Although I still have my anxiety I understand it better and know how to deal with it. That's thanks to Dr. Weekes' books. I think people have a predisposition to that type of thing. It ain't no fun! My rear end has controlled my life for 15 years now and at times it's very frustrating! The funny part to me is this. If I should happen to poop my pants who knows but me?? No one would know and it's not that big of a deal anyway. Besides, I have a great excuse, I have sphincter problems from my MS. I guess it's just a blow to your ego to do that! I had an anxiety attack in 1986. The next time was in 1991. I'll never forget this! I was driving on a highway in Minneapolis, Minnesota when all of a sudden it felt like somebody had lit a match to my toes. The sensation continued up my legs, to my stomach, then my chest, and finally all the way to my face and head! I even pulled off the highway to gather myself. I had just been diagnosed with MS and kept everything to myself. I think I overloaded my brain and senses. It was a slow day in the carpet cleaning biz and I drove home and laid on my couch for the rest of the day. I remember thinking to myself, is this my MS and if it is this really sucks?? It wasn't my MS but it was the start of my anxiety journey.Talk again, JonFeel free to use this letter, too.

·
Administrator
983 Posts
This post has been moved to the "Product, Services, and Websites" forum because of the e-book being sold.There is a shortcut to this thread in the "Managing Anxiety and Depression" forum.Thank you for your cooperation, and please continue your discussion here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moderator Team, thankyou for your consideration in this matter.Jon obviously has a lot of health issues (like many of us on these boards.) However it would seem that M.S is a whole new ball game when it comes to bodily functions. Jon has shown great tenacity & determination inspite of his affliction ,& I see a guiding light in his book for others to follow. It is not how disabled you are that counts. Its how capable you are in spite of it!!!

G

·
Nicely said Snake - thats what I'm grabbling with right now. Nice to be back on this board too.God blessSue xxx

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
grrrrrrrr blooming pc dont know what happened there
What i was going to say is im glad its only ibs i have, being with J has made me realise just what other illness's are out there..Luckily J's ms is stable at the moment, and he has to take each new day as it comes, i so admire him for everything he has been through, blindness,a stroke, no mobility and having to rely on a wheelchair to get about..Hes one in a million.. me getting soppy, now theres a thing not often i get emotional

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.