Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here. I have had IBS for four years now. I am a junior in college and have been sick since junior year of high school. I have been having a hard time dealing with it. It always seems to be getting worse. I feel like my boyfriend and family don't know how to help me as I've been to about four doctors and had all the tests run at least twice. It's so hard to talk to anyone about it. I've about isolated myself from social gatherings that don't pertain to my boyfriend or family - because I feel like I just can't have a good time, people just judge me. I'm so fed up with it all. I wish there was an outlet and that's why I'm writing this. I just want to be happy and not hurt every second of every day. I wish I could ignore it but it's just not tolerable sometimes. My IBS alternates between constipation and diarrhea. I have elminated foods that are the worst, but even the ones I eat are not helping and just are not satisfying at all! What do you guys do to help? I try to work out but I have a #### immune system and am sick a lot so my workouts are minimal. I take dance, but again it's just minimal. I am an active person and IBS is hindering the things I want to do in life and the way I feel about everything. Any advice would be great, but I just needed to let off steam too. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
708 Posts
welcome to the group. Keep chatting with us and look around this site because it has lots and lots of information and different message boards that might be helpful. I think the most important thing is having support and it is nice here to be able to talk with others who also have problems. I am 34 and mine started after having kids but to be in school still, I can imagine how tough it is for you. I know exactly how you feel about it interfering with your life.So have you seen a gastroenterologist (GI DOCTOR). I don't know what kind of diet you eat but fibre is really important. There are two types of fibre, soluble and insoluble and if you look them up you can see how each one works and it really helps when deciding what to eat. Fibre is so important in regulating, it helps with diarrhea and constipation. I gave up on metamucil because it works and then at times I have a powerful reaction which defeats the purpose for me. So I try and regulate by getting enough fibre from foods. Are you taking any medications to help your symptoms ??you say you've had tests done, which ones ? have you been tested for H-pylori? celiac?

·
Registered
708 Posts
welcome to the group. Keep chatting with us and look around this site because it has lots and lots of information and different message boards that might be helpful. I think the most important thing is having support and it is nice here to be able to talk with others who also have problems. I am 34 and mine started after having kids but to be in school still, I can imagine how tough it is for you. I know exactly how you feel about it interfering with your life.So have you seen a gastroenterologist (GI DOCTOR). I don't know what kind of diet you eat but fibre is really important. There are two types of fibre, soluble and insoluble and if you look them up you can see how each one works and it really helps when deciding what to eat. Fibre is so important in regulating, it helps with diarrhea and constipation. I gave up on metamucil because it works and then at times I have a powerful reaction which defeats the purpose for me. So I try and regulate by getting enough fibre from foods. Are you taking any medications to help your symptoms ??you say you've had tests done, which ones ? have you been tested for H-pylori? celiac?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.