Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,I suffer with IBS (usually C and pains). I recently had a colonscopy test (rear enetering camera) which found nothing, and i am scheduled for a barium meal x-raynow. Just wondered if anyone had the same.I had IBS for about 3years, but in last 3 months thepains have become uncontrollable, totally unpredictable and very very painfull. There is no real reason for this, no change in diet or lifestyle as such. I occasionnally smoke weed to control the pain, (which used to be very effective, but not since the pains became worse.Just wondered is anyone else having thisproblem. Has pains suddenly increased in pain and frequency! is there any indications to what it is (as im not convinced IBS is totally to blame on its own!)any help, guidance, or any understandinganyone can offer me wouldbe appreciated i am at my wits end.ps -any medication that seems to help? i have tried all of the following now to no success;-mebeveraine (colofac)-lactulose-spasmonal-fybogel-mentonlylland lots of painkillers,pss - if its relevant i also got an abses on my butt, but cleared up with anti-bioticsas i siad any help or coments appreciated a lot either here or to my email, manythanks please helpboyracer603###aol.com or bn02ekg###hotmail.com

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Dot--Most people aren't going to email you if they don't know you. Stop shouting (typing in all caps) and join in on some conversations, read other people's posts.I don't think posting your email address over and over is going to get you anything other than spam.I responded to one of your posts about pain, did you read it?K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you been to the doctor.If you have someone to prescribe medication have you tried any of the several antispasmodics, or any of the several antidepressants.These are commonly used to treat IBS Pain.If your doctor will not help you find one that will.If you are doing this without doctors (some people do) like I believe I said in another reply to you try peppermint tea or something like peppermint Altoids which is an herbal antispasmodic. Some people like it better than prescription stuff, so might be worth a shot either way.Check out the CBT and Hypnotherapy board. Mike's tapes have helped a lot of people. If you don't want to try that at home yourself look at www.ibshypnosis.com for a list of people trained to do hypnotherapy for IBS.If you want to try diet, look at www....com Heather has a bunch of information she researched.K.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Dale, what kind of pains killers?"and lots of painkillers,"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts