Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay , so I must have totally pulled a stupid last night during a freak munchie binge.I went out with my boyfriend late at night , after midnight , to Tim Hortons. We split a chicken rice soup and a peppermint tea. ( strange I know )For whatever demonic reason possessed me, I still had the munchies when I got home and decided to dig (deep) into a bag of 'Hint of Lime' Tostitos , that was already opened... not to mention a couple of cookies and some Twizzlers.... *slaps forehead* ... Yea dumb idea. I know.... Well I must have demolished the rest of the bag , cuz there's only a few crumbs hanging out in there LOL.For those not familiar with Tostitos , they're Corn Chips / Nacho Chips , that I swear have crack in them. They are SO good. ...Well this afternoon , I'm awoken from a very deep sleep with what feels like bad period cramps. I'm not due for another 2 weeks. I must have quite possibly THE WORST gas trap episode that I've ever had. If I cough or sneeze or move the wrong way , it makes it so much worse. I've put some Iberogast in a cup of warm water and I've been drinking that , ate a plain bagel with a bit of butter ... finally able to have a bowel movement , which I think has decreased some of the pressure and pain....But anyone know anything else that can be taken to lessen the ache , cramping and bloaty-ness of this ??I know this was totally my fault and now I'm suffering big time , but I just need to know what will lessen the ache til it passes :(I have a gastroscopy/colonoscopy on Friday and I'm scared shitless : / lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peppermint tea may help with the achiness, it tends to relax the smooth muscles. I also sometimes use a peppermint candy called Altoids as they have real peppermint oil in them.
I think I'm gonna try out the Altoids. I've been on a peppermint tea binge for months , and while the soothing effect of warm liquid in the tummy is nice , I'm not feeling any direct relief for the pain. Plus, drinking that much tea constantly , is making me have to pee all the time : / The candies sound like an easier option! (plus they leave your breath all nice
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.