Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Do any of you find you can only drink water, most of the time I find water is okay and does not trigger D, but today after a buying trip for my job and bunging myself up with imodium, I had a decaf tea when I got home, and within 5 mins I was creased up, the pain was awful......Does anyone else have these syptoms, I didnt even use milk, soya milk I put in it, no sugar, just manuka honey, decaf coffee is a no go too.If anyone can suggest another drink I would love to try it as water as nice as it is, is boring!Thanks, Sam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sam,Not had any real problems with defaf tea or coffee other than when I used to use cows milk. I use rice milk now which is really light and easy to digest.Have you tried drinking just hot water with a slice of lemon or any of the herbal teas that you just add hot water to, they are not brilliant but are a nice alternative to cold water.Jayne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sam,Not had any real problems with defaf tea or coffee other than when I used to use cows milk. I use rice milk now which is really light and easy to digest.Have you tried drinking just hot water with a slice of lemon or any of the herbal teas that you just add hot water to, they are not brilliant but are a nice alternative to cold water.Jayne

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey there, i found that too with decaf tea, now i only drink Peppermint tea (you have to get used to it) but now i find it really refreshing. Even my boyfriend has started to drink it. Also fennel tea is good too, its tastes sweet already and smells nice. I like to drink them after i eat breakfast/ dinner etc. They get rid of that bloated feeling. Also Peppermint is good to relax you if you are having cramps. Hope that helps. Be careful with peppermint tho if you have heartburn it can make it worse, but otherwise its all good. Hope this helps. xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey there, i found that too with decaf tea, now i only drink Peppermint tea (you have to get used to it) but now i find it really refreshing. Even my boyfriend has started to drink it. Also fennel tea is good too, its tastes sweet already and smells nice. I like to drink them after i eat breakfast/ dinner etc. They get rid of that bloated feeling. Also Peppermint is good to relax you if you are having cramps. Hope that helps. Be careful with peppermint tho if you have heartburn it can make it worse, but otherwise its all good. Hope this helps. xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.