Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got yet again another tooth problem. It seems things are endless for me at the moment and it is just one thing after another. This morning I will admit I just cried and cried. It isn't the end of the world and I know I'm a big baby about the dentist but I'm always terrified about the diarrhea aspect and never liked the dentist either. My dentist does know about me and knows I have diarrhea problems and that I'm petrified which dosen't make things any easier either. I have to go in the next couple of days but I'm feeling really down and just need some good positive vibes to get me through it please. I can't believe I've got to go through another extraction or possibly a root canal treatment but I just don't think I could handle sitting there that long without stressing out. It is a back tooth so I expect I'll opt to have it removed. Somedays I just really wonder why life has to be made so much harder to deal with by having diarrhea. You know life is tough enough and some days I just can't keep strong. So I guess I just want someone to send me some positive vibes and tell me that it is all going to be alright. x

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I think you will be fine Claire. You managed it well last time. But we can tell you this all day.... How about you trying to tell yourself this too? That will probably have THE most positive impact on your anxiety levels.So keep positive thinking going. Turn any negative thoughts right around to positive ones as soon as you can.Great that you told your dentist about your issues! So now.. don't fret.. use that energy to keep positive instead. :)Let us know how you do! All the best

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the same problem and last time I went to the dentist I saw the patient in the next room being shown the bathroom. He had the dental bib on and I said to myself. "I guess I'm not the only one who has gotten up in the middle of dental work to go to the bathroom". I think dentists are used to it, after all, most people fear the dentist and even people without IBS get an immediate brain to gut adrenaline reaction, instant diarrhea. I have had extensive dental work also and have been lucky so far but it helps me to know that we have every right to put the work on pause for a minute or two. Just knowing that for me makes it unlikely to happen. I also don't eat any fruit for a couple of days before dental treatment. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.