Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive had IBS for about 3 to 2 1/2 years. I have always been skeptical of the diagnoses and have always had this deep feeling that its more than IBS. I can tell you that that constant doubt is what causes alot of stress and anxiety. In january of this year, i did have a strange new development. Dents in both thumb nails. and now it seems to be spreading to other nails. Now, i had a blood test and anemia, it came back negative. I do know that these dents are the sign of either an illness or malnutition once anemia has been ruled out. Does anyone know, what illness has IBS like symptoms but isnt IBS? Its an odd question. One thing that did come up, was an abnormal liver result, but my doctor said it was so minimal that he couldnt pin point it. It could just have been off that day the blood was taken sort of thing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
What tests did your Dr order to rule out other GI diseases? What are your GI symptoms?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mucus stools, shift between C & D sometimes normal. color is normal sometimes light, gas abdominal pain, sigmoidoscopy was clear, blood test clear, celiac test negative.Bleeding but bright red from hemmeroids (confirmed) pain mostly right side mid to low. Sometimes back pain not alot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.