Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanna say that IBS left me with sever depression i cant be happy no more...i sleep all day and all night cz im dizzy or headache or close to fainting...is depression the reason of my dizziness and illness ???Do you experience that you have to poop all day but actually there is n nothingdo you feel dizzy with every bowel movement???or its just me????

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am suffering from depression due to my IBS. Although I lay in bed most days I don't sleep much. Haven't experienced any dizziness, but I do have headaches, and days when I feel the need to go all day but can't. Then there are the days when I can't stop going. I have decided to try to rejoin the living. I have my Imodium, and anxiety medicine handy. Also recently started a new depression medicine hoping that it helps. You should see your doctor to find out if there is something that they can prescribe or change to help you. Good luck with everything, and just take it one day at a time. Baby steps! That's what I'm going to do. I don't want to miss out on anything else.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Depression is common with any chronic illness. It makes coping that much harder and healing a lot harder as well.You should discuss the depression with your doctor, some depression medications in the right patient can also make IBS symptoms a lot better.Incomplete evacuation can include that "feel like I need to go, but I don't". Common in IBS, isn't everyone, but lots of people have that.Dizzy with a BM depends on how sensitive your Vagus nerve is to that stimulation. If you are dizzy and fainting (or nearly fainting) to the point it is interfering with your ability to function you may want to be tested for Vaso-vagal syncope (and they may test for other causes of dizzy and fainting) as there are treatments for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
IBS has cause me to be depressed. I get very dizzy and numerous doctors have told me that it the dizziness can be caused my stress and the depression. I am trying to find ways to deal with my anxiety and depression without going on meds. I hope you find something that helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.