Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise if this post may upset one or two people.After years of IBS D and the 100's of problems which this brings, I finally thought the fight was over when I started to take Loperimide (3 per day) some 6 months ago. However after such a long period of not constantly searching for the nearest loo I seem to have (again) taken a step back.I am a self-employed taxi driver and I am unfortunately beginning to hate the job. I ALWAYS ask customers where they want to go before I start on a journey incase I may not make it. 20-30 mile jobs are out the question!My toilet habits are now ridiculous. I MUST be completely empty before I go to work, as there are no toilets in a cab, I work nightshift too, so no loos available anywhere.This is where it gets bad: If I feel a poo is round the corner but the lopermide is holding it back, I now feel the need to get it out.... er, manually. (!)When I know there is nothing inside me I then feel ok to go to work.I now feel a colostomy bag is just on the horizon. This would solve ALL my problems!Are there users who have had an operation and what happens from start to finish.Sorry about the post but I needed to tell someone.If I had an operation I believe it would open up my life again, and my wife and kids.Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ct007, I'm no doctor but I don't think a colostomy is the answer either. I sympathize with your dilema though. Do you take Calcium Caltrate? I could not take Lomotil and a bunch of other meds because I have such a hard time with other adverse reactions to meds. I have to confess that I quit work 6 years ago and fortunately my husband can take care of our finances, but it did shortchange our income by $22,000 a year. It isn't easy to cut back that much but we just do with less. I know you are the main breadwinner in your situation it appears. Try these hypnosis tapes they talk about on this site. I haven't yet, but a psychotherapist helped me several years ago by teaching me to use self-hypnosis for my panic attacks. Truly they work but you have to change your induction tape you make for yourself ever so often so it stays fresh to your subconscious. I used it for dentist office visits as well. It's an option that I swear to you, can work. My prayers go with you on your quest to find a workable answer.Brenda

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.