Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ct007, I'm no doctor but I don't think a colostomy is the answer either. I sympathize with your dilema though. Do you take Calcium Caltrate? I could not take Lomotil and a bunch of other meds because I have such a hard time with other adverse reactions to meds. I have to confess that I quit work 6 years ago and fortunately my husband can take care of our finances, but it did shortchange our income by $22,000 a year. It isn't easy to cut back that much but we just do with less. I know you are the main breadwinner in your situation it appears. Try these hypnosis tapes they talk about on this site. I haven't yet, but a psychotherapist helped me several years ago by teaching me to use self-hypnosis for my panic attacks. Truly they work but you have to change your induction tape you make for yourself ever so often so it stays fresh to your subconscious. I used it for dentist office visits as well. It's an option that I swear to you, can work. My prayers go with you on your quest to find a workable answer.Brenda

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.