Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been very against the mental aspect of IBS, but actually, there seems to be a connection. If I really try to feel happiness, the stomach feels better (the C may stop). I am depressed but I have always blamed it on my constipation, but actually it seems like I have another depression before the IBS. It sounds strange, and I really dont like the logical approach to this, because it doesnt seems to make sence in all cases. But, there is a connection in my case. Perhaps if we try to be happy (in some strange ways) the problem may solve itself after a while. A year ago I took Zoloft and that didnt do anything. I guess the depression is too strong to be medicated. Perhaps happiness is what I need. Well, perhaps not. It doesnt really make sence after all. But lets give it a try.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Maceo,I really think that if you have a depression it may not always help to just think positive. I had a depression two years ago and the only way for me was anti-depression meds and seeing a therapist. You wrote that you had tried Zoloft and it didn�t work. Maybe you should try another med? I think it�s very individual how we respons to anti-depr. meds. I was on Cipramil but it didn�t do it for me, I switched to Seroxat (Paxil) and it did wonders. I still see my therapist once a week and I am amazed over how much I have learned about myself! I now feel great, actually I have never felt better. But my physical condition is horribel! Thats why I don�t belive that IBS is related to stress and so on. Take care, Mio

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it stuck me that, im actually on the candida diet and medicines for it, and one of the typical candida sympthoms is depression. Perhaps it is the candida after all.I do believe toxins is a big part of ibs, thats what i've always been saying, but i'm also starting to belive there is a mental thing. Perhaps the toxins are the cause of depression, and the depression leads to IBS.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:ne of the typical candida sympthoms [sic]
Only problem is that it doesn't exist.

G

·
Flux,Maybe it is true that candida does not exist in the way you mean it, but is it not possible that some people might just be allergic to yeast in their system, and that an allergic reaction could case these symptoms?

G

·
you are very close to the truth on this---the two feed each other---feeling lousy feeds depression and vice-versa. The mind is not only powerful--it is creatve--it creates what we think about...or dwell on.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, well, it seems (not scientific) like a mood change actually gives extra energy to solve fysical problems (what so ever, parasites, candida, mental in it self). I cant ignore this, because I really try (and its hard) to ignore IBS and live, and plan things, have fun, etc. It feels better, thats a fact. I dont know how much toxins are related... Thats impossible for me to say, because it feels like there is no connection, even if there can be one. I do take anticandida medicines and I dont have any mercury felt and the I have done a colon clease program. But, well... I must say, that a change of mood is very very good, even if it toxins or not.And hypnotherapy seems to have helped alot of people (acupunture too, which is a mental treatment after all, but you have to now that it is mental for it to work).Why does everything have to be so F---ing comlicated..... good night... take care/Maceo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts