Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a toll free telephone number in another message but thought I would bring up Depression directly so I might catch some attention. I received a toll free number in the mail (provided by my insurance company).It is 1-800-835-0550. It is merely a anonymous survey to identify depression. You listen and use the numbers on your phone to answer the questions For example: (I feel out of control (l) all of the time (2) some of the time, you get the idea.) You press the appropriate number on your phone to register your response to the questions. Anyway, when you are done the message says "You are mildly to moderately depressed" or whatever.I tested "moderately depressed". I just feel after reading SO many of your posts that depression is weighing heavily on so many of us. Let me know if you try the toll free survey and what it says about YOU (if you wish to share it). By the way, I am starting with a counsellor (a psychologist) in November. Time to get control of my life!I am tired of my IBS controlling it for me.Maybe the psychologist can shed some light on how to deal with it all. I will let you know what she says and how it goes. I just understand so well how many of you feel so completely depressed, discouraged and ready to give up! Not that I'm suicidal, I just don't have much happiness because of all this IBS garbage taking over. I'll be anxious to hear from any of you! Chloe

·
Registered
221 Posts
ChloeI'm really sorry to hear that you are having some problems with depression, but I'm glad that you are going to talk to someone about it, and may get some positive feed back on how to tackle what is going on. Yes, please keep us posted as to what the psychologist tells you. It just might help some of us.Hang in-----------Donna=========

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chloe,congratulations. I am so proud of you. That is a big step. I am thinking' still thinking, of doing the same thing. It just takes so much out of us being so ill all of the time. It is hard to keep perspective. Remember, I'm rooting for you and want you to do so well and try to be happy, try to let your personality shine through. Bridget.ps. you are my role model so keep me posted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Biddy, for your comments! I am having a terrible week, taking Milk of Magnesia more and more to keep things going.I am worried of becomming too dependent. I am also stressing out about weight. I am a little heavier than I used to be (in my college days!) and am ALWAYS striving to be super thin. I just don't have the energy to exercise as much as I'd like to or tend to eat more bread, etc., that settles better in my tummy. Also, all this medication makes me SO tired I don't have much energy. Add all this up and you have a depressed woman!Throw a l5 yr. old teenage son into the picture! YIKES! I'll be in touch! Chloe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.