Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pain feels like very deep bruise, inflammed feeling..sweating sometimes hot feelingIf had multiple EGDMRI, CT scan, ultrasound, small bowel follow thru,colonoscopy, numerous bllod tests, xraysDiagnosis IBS

·
Registered
57 Posts
It depends for me. If I eat something I shouldn't for IBS then it's almost like a twisting and cramping feeling in my intestines. But at night I have a huge amount of pressure and cramping in my stomach that will only go away with a bm the next morning if I'm lucky. And I have TONS of bloating!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine is stabbing pain in left side and so bloated that sometimes I cannot even tolerate having pants on. Also lower back pain when my stomach has been bloated for days.IBS-C

·
Registered
490 Posts
My pain ranges from constant mild achy/crampy pain to sudden, severe spasms that feel like my intestines are being crunched and twisted. I live in fear of these spasms as they almost always brings on explosive d.I also have generalized abdominal tenderness, can't bear any pressure on my waist, and feel bruised during sex. If I eat any dairy products or too much carbs, I feel 'sore' inside and have intermittent cramps for days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(Okay, I know I'm going to be told to see my doctor, and I am next week. Just wanted to get that one out of the way.
)I've been trying to do some research on what is going on with me and the only thing that comes relatively close is IBS. About once every two months or so I get excruciating abdominal pain. I mean, it hurts so bad it's scary and I can't think or talk or even breathe. My last "attack" happened while I was at the gym and I had to drive myself home. It was really scary. Basically, they come out of nowhere. I immeadiately run to the bathroom because it feels like I'm going to explode. But, I never do because everything is really, um, hard in there. So after about an hour or so of these cramps that come like contractions, I go (painfully). The first bit is really hard and then immeadiately afterwards it's all diarhhea. I used to think it was just constipation until one of my friends was at my house when it happened and she told me it wasn't normal to be in that much pain. The pains are so bad that I am literally in fear of getting them again. Does this sound like IBS in anyway, or does anyone have similar experiences? I'm looking for reassurance that this is "normal". I'm really scared.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeing I am not a doctor I can't say but it sounds like my symptoms. The pain you feel is so bad your afraid you have to go to ER or something and it especially worse if you have to drive because all you can think of is get me home i need to get home before i go off the road because of a sharp pain that came out of the middle of nowhere. Its not "normal"...but theres are TONS of people who go through the same thing as you. For me it gets so bad that its hard to breath because the pain shoots upwards into my lungs it seems. I am not able to be diagnosed with IBS through a doctor but what you described is what i have and alot of other people so breath a sigh of relief

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are different kinds of pains that plauge my digestive system. There is the "stabbing in the left side", "The lower twisting of the intestines" "The someone walked over the top of your abdomen with high-heals" "The all over sour belly (usually after eating cheesecake and many of other foods my mega-sweet tooth craves)" "The ballon about to explode tummy" "The rocks in the belly rumble (severe constipation)". Oh yea and my favorite of all time "The trapped air bubble", this one likes to come every now and then and dance up and down from my esophagus to my lower abodomen making me feel like there is an evil burb stuck that I cannot get out.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Mine also vary depending on situations. In a D attack my pain is like someone's twisting my intestines and I could get all shaky and tearful because of it. But when I'm bloated it feels more like a dull but persisting pain that gradually takes up all the space in my abdomen, leaving no room for anything else. In any case I'd have to stop what I was doing and lie down. It's really uncomfortable
Oh, BTW, I also forgot to mention the needle-around-navel kind of pain with bloating and the inplosion-explosion kind as gas develops...

·
Registered
4 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RoxyOViolet:(Okay, I know I'm going to be told to see my doctor, and I am next week. Just wanted to get that one out of the way.
)I've been trying to do some research on what is going on with me and the only thing that comes relatively close is IBS. About once every two months or so I get excruciating abdominal pain. I mean, it hurts so bad it's scary and I can't think or talk or even breathe. My last "attack" happened while I was at the gym and I had to drive myself home. It was really scary. Basically, they come out of nowhere. I immeadiately run to the bathroom because it feels like I'm going to explode. But, I never do because everything is really, um, hard in there. So after about an hour or so of these cramps that come like contractions, I go (painfully). The first bit is really hard and then immeadiately afterwards it's all diarhhea. I used to think it was just constipation until one of my friends was at my house when it happened and she told me it wasn't normal to be in that much pain. The pains are so bad that I am literally in fear of getting them again. Does this sound like IBS in anyway, or does anyone have similar experiences? I'm looking for reassurance that this is "normal". I'm really scared.
That sounds like exactly what I have. It's wonderful, isn't it? (I'm being sarcastic). I'm always scared when it might strike, and many things seem to trigger it. It is absolutely excruciating. It starts with that snaking in my lower back and intestines, and then sort of comes in torrents, like a fire inside my own body. Or someone inside, wrenching my colon around with burning metal rods. It's horrible - there's no escape from your own body, the OVERWHELMING pain inside. Nothing you can do. And it lasts like this, getting worse and worse, until finally...like you said...it pushes out the 'hard' stuff and then comes out all as "d". I really, really hate it. And it happens off and on, monthly. I usually violently scratch at my legs or writhe around, and for some reason, always have the urge to take off my clothes and stuff when I'm alone in the bathroom too. The pain sometimes is so great, it is nauseauting too. It's really awful, haha, can I stress that enough?So...I know what you mean.
I've had this going on somewhat chronically for the past 4-5 years, and I really don't see how I'm going to be able to bear it for the rest of my life. I really don't. I haven't gotten into the working world yet either, and I fear that. That I won't be able to stay and...yeah.Someone on here said something like "imagine being comfortable in your own body." Exactly.
I constantly think about my stomach...always watch what I eat...I've been to several doctors too and. Yeah. If it's not that "attack" of a thing, usually my stomach or something just feels gross, or bloated, or gurgly, or off, or slight snaking burning...just never all at ease. I can't ever ignore my digestive system or not think about it. I have other pains (menstural is often pretty bad, plus problems with my feet that I always have to think about for the workplace too, not being able to stand for long)...which doesn't help. At all. But the stomach stuff takes the cake for being the worst. I also get sharply intense stabbing pains from my pelvis bone (Front and back) that shoot up randomly somtimes too, enough that I gasp or literally jump in pain. You know. Fun stuff like that.okay enough complaining. I haven't posted on here in a while (I used to under a different name about a year ago) but my unhappiness over all this again recently brought me back here. I just don't think people who don't have this have ANY idea how horrible it is...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am also having all these pains inmy tummy
and I'm so scared that i have some horrible disease.. now I feel the :"The all over sour belly", "The ballon about to explode tummy", "The trapped air bubble". So what did you guys do to rid of it? My doc just gave me antacids
please help me I am just so scared now...

·
Registered
142 Posts
My pain is like a cramp, which picks random areas around my abdomen, but is particularly font of the lower right and middle left.Many times before I've been frightened and paranoid thinking I had appendicitis or grumbling appendix because of the strong pain in the lower right but then it'll move and relocate itself to the left.In fact it even got to the point where I'd be pleased to be having pains in the left, just because they were in the left hand side.It usually comes with bloating and I often have 'episodes' of it for about a month, but between these 'episodes' it can come on when I need to use the bathroom.The doctor gave me some antispasmodic pills and they do seem to calm them down IF I have them at the right time of day (20-30 mins before food). If the time at which I take them changes, or if I have them just after food instead, or I miss a dose, it tends to come back for a while.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well... this damn IBS!Ok, mine are the cramps that have so embarrass noises, sometimes I wonder how is to live without these strange noises, so yes it's mainly the bloating and once in a a short time I have pains in the stomach but it depending on how bad it makes me feel, next is C and a litte of D, crazy life.Today in the morning, I looked like a woman 5 months pregnant, then I knew that I am going to have gas all the day long.what will be guys.. I always have the faith we will win this damn Ibs, somehow.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have bile acid diarrhea and after I go several times and especially if it is yellowish or greenish in color MY BUTT AND WHOLE COLON FEEL AS IF I IT IS ON FIRE AND FEELS LIKE THAT FOR HOURS AND HOURS AT A TIME . I definately need narcotic pain pills when mine feels like that but rarely will dr. give them. Other times it feels like labor pains. but the burning , cramping are the worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just been diagnosed this week. I hear everyone using the word 'pain' so much- I am so sry is so painful for you. I am just not hearing my main symptom talked about that actually got me the diagnosis. Mine is a like 'knawing' deep empty feeling in like the center of my abdomen. Like as if your blood sugar dropped drastically- but yet it hasn't. It wakes me up at night mostly and keeps me up and now has moved to the day time. Also have had lots of nausea. Had an endoscopy- no reflux or anything- he put me on Levsin and has helped tremendously. I have no diareah or constipation- just regular when it comes to going to the bathroom. But he is like so sure I have IBS- Does anyone relate? Noelle

·
Registered
82 Posts
Raj, Member; To Sj1985You mentioned that you took antispasmadic medicine. What was it? I have been taking Dicylamine(Bentyl) and have tried in the past Librax. Please let me know so I can try yOur medication if it is better for spasms or cramps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The doctor gave me something called Mebeverine. I take it 3 times a day, it says preferably 20-30 minutes before meals but my meal times can tend to be unpredictable.It SEEMS to be making it better, unless it's just a co-incidense that it happens to be better when I'm taking it at the same time.If I miss a couple of doses or get the times wrong a few times, the symptoms can come back really badly for a few days.I had always assumed it was a sort of 'relief' medicine like a painkiller - you know, you take it, it calms the symptoms down for a little while until you take the next one, but it didnt start to take effect until I'd been taking them for about 4 days and if I mess the doses up it seems to come back for a few days too.I'm going to talk to the doctor about it again soon and check if that sounds right.God this whole thing is really starting to depress me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts