Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,cant believe ive found this place. My story goes, Was admitted to hospital 4mnths ago with suspeceted appendicitis,severe pain in my lower right side. Since then the pain has been persistent, although not so severe. Some days the nausea is horrendous, Ihave hardly any appetite, and the bouts of tiredness floor me. Get painful gas in the mornings and d religiously. For the rest of the day I sometimes feel constipated. My back aches, although again mostly at my right side. Its this that worries me most. Does anyone else get it just on their right side. My doctor thinks its ib, sends me away with painkillers and really makes me feel like its all in my head.Im having a colonoscopy in 6 weeks, but fear il go out of my mind with worry til then. I cant remember a day when I felt good. Ive been to a homeopath and she was the only person who really listened, unfortunately thr remedies dont seemed to have helped.Thanks for listening, id really appreciate anyones thoughts.Cheers frosty

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi thereSounds all very familiar. When my IBS started it was mainly on the right side. Have you tried something like buscopan to help with the pain rather than ordinary painkillers? Antispasmodics are usually good for IBS pain in my experience anyway.A lot of doctors still dont know a lot about IBS and can make you feel like you are making it up. At least you are going for further tests.Hope you find lots of useful info here!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi Frosty,I had pretty much the same thing. As a matter of fact I spent Christmas eve in the er, so sure I had appendicitis. They did a full blood test and an ab x-ray. They found a lot of stool and gas. Anyway shortly thereafter, i was diagnosed with ibs. I alternate c/d but tend mostly to c. Usually when the pain occurs it is to the right, sometimes left. Relaxation and breathing techniques seem to help. Diet changes have helped some. I very seldom have carbonated beverages, which seems to cause painful gas. It is still trail and error for me, I am not on any meds. I still get good days and bad days. You are not alone. Take care.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,Sounds so familiar... in fact, the last few days I am experiencing the lower right side pain again. I also have extreme fatigue; nausea, acid reflux, diarrhea and constipation, gas and rumbling in my tummy as well as lower back pain and headaches. I am sitting here at the computer getting ready to fall asleep
; it just completely wears me out. Knowing it will get better again and knowing I am not alone makes it bearable. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Add me to the list of 'right-sided pain sufferers." Have been dealing with that for over a year now...no trips to the ER for me, but, believe me, it has been severe enough that I could have made the trip! Family doctor discovered diverticulosis and sent me to gastro. Dr. Have had endoscopy and colonoscopy. They removed polyps in my stomach and colon; and biopsies reported benign. Discovered hiatal hernia and esophagonitis (excuse spelling!) - acid reflux disease, too. After ALL of that; the pain returned AGAIN! ( I always swelled up like a balloon, too!) They kept insisting it was an ovarian cyst; but they always came and went; not showing up on transvaginal tests. Just diagnosed yesterday with IBS;(lucky me, huh?) which started with right-sided pain as it always does. Am taking new meds - Zelnorm; which gave me D. all night - lovely. As far as colonoscopy goes, the 'prep' is worse than the actual procedure; you won't even remember it was done. Hang in there! ps. Glad to have found this site!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a million for your replies. Knowing your not alone makes things just that little more bearable, and assures me im not going doolali!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another right sided pain pal. I have been being treated for anxiety for the past 11 years and didn't know why I had loose stool, nausea, tiredness, bloating and most of the other things you mention. I will let you know that when I am on the right dose of Paxil I have no pain, no loose stool, no nausea, no anxiety, no belly extension and feel a heck of a lot better. I have tried to go off Paxil to find it is too hard and I got all the symptoms back. It took me over 6 weeks to get back to the right level on 40 mgs. But I felt well again. In fact I felt so well I went down to 30mgs. Bad idea. All symptoms came back. So now I am trying to get my level up again. It has been 3 weeks since I started 40 mgs again and I am slowly loosing the symptoms. Maybe you should try it. Life is much better when you are at the right level. God Bless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts