Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in Madrid. I arrived here last night and this mornig I woke up feeling very sick and had to be taken to the hsopital where I was told to stop taking my medication I had been taking for a yr and was all primed for an injection of some sort. No one bothered telling me this and i told the doc that under no circumstances was i taking anything or being injected! the doctor barely spoke a word of english. anyway, my english doctor gave me 2mg valium to calm me down so that i dont get worried about being unwell here in spain. my doc didnt really tell me how ofte to take the stuff to i took 3 mg tablets yesterday and 2mg tablets today. am now only going to take 1. i feel very nauseous all the time. is there anything i can do for this_ i was given 1 tablet at the hospital - great use!!! NOT!i dunno how to get through this. im here until tuesday afteroon when i fly back to england. im scared here as not many ppl speak very good english. i dont want the ibs to stop me enjoying it here. some stuppodt would be great!Vicky xooxx

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Do you feel nauseous with Valium?You can have some help,it depend how yours bowels is.What are your symptoms Vicky.((hug))

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Do you feel nauseous with Valium?You can have some help,it depend how yours bowels is.What are your symptoms Vicky.((hug))

·
Registered
461 Posts
Vicky:Sorry this is happening to you. Take some advice from the cover of the "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" -- Don't Panic!You have arrived in Madrid safely although uncomfortably. Take your regular meds, eat safe foods, and adopt a low-key approach. Don't wander too far from public or private facilities and take some time to get comfortable in your new environment. You may feel better tomorrow after having gotten your bearings and reaching a comfort level. If not, you don't have to worry until your return next Tuesday. Try to relax and enjoy the exotic surroundings if you can.Good luck. I hope you feel better and can enjoy at least part of the trip.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Vicky:Sorry this is happening to you. Take some advice from the cover of the "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" -- Don't Panic!You have arrived in Madrid safely although uncomfortably. Take your regular meds, eat safe foods, and adopt a low-key approach. Don't wander too far from public or private facilities and take some time to get comfortable in your new environment. You may feel better tomorrow after having gotten your bearings and reaching a comfort level. If not, you don't have to worry until your return next Tuesday. Try to relax and enjoy the exotic surroundings if you can.Good luck. I hope you feel better and can enjoy at least part of the trip.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Where are you staying? If its a hotel perhaps the desk people know of an English speaking doctor. Valium is usually prescribed 3-4 X day. Did it help you? I'm not sure if nausea is a side effect from it. I hope you feel better soon and I can certainly understand your anxiety about being ill in a foreign country. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Where are you staying? If its a hotel perhaps the desk people know of an English speaking doctor. Valium is usually prescribed 3-4 X day. Did it help you? I'm not sure if nausea is a side effect from it. I hope you feel better soon and I can certainly understand your anxiety about being ill in a foreign country. Hope this helps

·
Registered
984 Posts
You poor thing, nothing worse than being ill when you are in a strange country. Happened to my daughter in Turkey. She got food poisoning and was really ill. If you are in a hotel or apartments try going to the reception desk and see if anyone speaks english, maybe they can recommend an english speaking doctor. My daughter got a doctor to visit who spoke english. She said he was the best doctor she's ever seen, got excellent care. Hope you feel better soon. Remember to drink bottled water.The valium should calm you down. 2mg isn't that strong. The only time I take that is when I go on a plane. I once took 30mg and was still hyped!

·
Registered
984 Posts
You poor thing, nothing worse than being ill when you are in a strange country. Happened to my daughter in Turkey. She got food poisoning and was really ill. If you are in a hotel or apartments try going to the reception desk and see if anyone speaks english, maybe they can recommend an english speaking doctor. My daughter got a doctor to visit who spoke english. She said he was the best doctor she's ever seen, got excellent care. Hope you feel better soon. Remember to drink bottled water.The valium should calm you down. 2mg isn't that strong. The only time I take that is when I go on a plane. I once took 30mg and was still hyped!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi everyone, thanks for the replies. i do not speak a word of spanish so no idea what the poster above had written! LOL!!ive just taken 2mg of valium again, along with my regular meds and am still crying. is there anything i ca do to stop the crying because i do not want the spanish family to see me crying again. we are going out to see the real madrid stadium so i hope there will be some english ppl there that i can talk to just to have some english conversation!! we are also going on a bus ride around madrid i think tomorrow or later today so i hope there will be english ppl there too. ive said i want to go to bed at 10pm every night so that at least makes sure they arent taking me out until 5am every morning!!!!!im crying at the momet and god knows why!xoxoxox

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi everyone, thanks for the replies. i do not speak a word of spanish so no idea what the poster above had written! LOL!!ive just taken 2mg of valium again, along with my regular meds and am still crying. is there anything i ca do to stop the crying because i do not want the spanish family to see me crying again. we are going out to see the real madrid stadium so i hope there will be some english ppl there that i can talk to just to have some english conversation!! we are also going on a bus ride around madrid i think tomorrow or later today so i hope there will be english ppl there too. ive said i want to go to bed at 10pm every night so that at least makes sure they arent taking me out until 5am every morning!!!!!im crying at the momet and god knows why!xoxoxox

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry, somehow this got posted twice!!!im staying with a spanish family so no english person nearby. hopefully i will see some english ppl today because i am going to see the real madrid stadium and going on a bus tour of madrid. ive just read that there are chemists everywhere so maybe they can give me an anti nausea tablets?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry, somehow this got posted twice!!!im staying with a spanish family so no english person nearby. hopefully i will see some english ppl today because i am going to see the real madrid stadium and going on a bus tour of madrid. ive just read that there are chemists everywhere so maybe they can give me an anti nausea tablets?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Vicki,My stomach hurts - mi estamago me duele (mE esta-mahgo may dwaylay)I feel sick - estoy enfermo (es toy en-fair-mo)I need a doctor who speaks English - Por favor, necessito un doctor que se hablan ingles (poor fah-bor, ness-a-seeto oon doctoor kay say ah-blahn eeng-layz)Hope this helps!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Vicki,My stomach hurts - mi estamago me duele (mE esta-mahgo may dwaylay)I feel sick - estoy enfermo (es toy en-fair-mo)I need a doctor who speaks English - Por favor, necessito un doctor que se hablan ingles (poor fah-bor, ness-a-seeto oon doctoor kay say ah-blahn eeng-layz)Hope this helps!

·
Registered
112 Posts
It sounds like a continual anxiety attack, I have them constantly, rarely do I feel as if I am not going to have an attack. Mind over matter and some xanax will help. Otherwise just keep telling yourself you will be fine. Struggle through it the best you can.Kellie

·
Registered
112 Posts
It sounds like a continual anxiety attack, I have them constantly, rarely do I feel as if I am not going to have an attack. Mind over matter and some xanax will help. Otherwise just keep telling yourself you will be fine. Struggle through it the best you can.Kellie

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi everyone, i have managed to hack out today! We went to the real madrid football stadium and went to tfi fridays for some food. i had ceasar salad but they put so much dressing and cheese on that i could only have a bit of it through fear of being sick and because i didnt much like it either!!! the time went fast and i have told them that i want to go to bed early etc like i would do in england. it is almost midnight here ad i think they expected me to go to bed about 2 hrs ago. their parents are out so my friend and her sister are speaking in english which is a great help. i feel so isolated when everyone is speaking spanish. tomorrow we are going on a bus trip around madrid sightseeing which will be good because there will be other english ppl. it was great seeing english ppl today at the real madrid stadium. i am still feeling a bit nauseous and am not too sure what to do about that. i feel like my bowel is about to explode at any minute, esp since i have not had a bowel movement since yesterday morning which was loose so i took some lopermide after that. hopefully i will not be ill again. i only have to hack it out until monday and then tuesday afternoon i am leaving to go back to the uk. i hope i am ok until then. i took 2mg of valium this morning. should i also take 2mg before i go to bed?Thanks everyone! it is so good knowing i can come on here and get some support whilst i am away. Love Vicky xoxo

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.