Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i'm 22 years old and I have had symptoms of IBS for the last 5 or so years. Within the last year I have gone through various tests and examinations to rule out anything sinister and my GP has confirmed that I have IBS.But now, I really have reached the point that I just want to curl up in a corner and disappear forever! I am so desperate for help, answers and support! My fiance is being really great support at home, but my symptoms always seem managable at home...when i'm feeling comfortable and safe.However, being a work and 'out & about' is a totally different ball game! I have developed almost a phobia of being in meetings and quiet rooms at work due to the sound of my guts and gassyness (which seems to get worse when I worry and think about it more). I will make up any excuse now to get out of doing these meetings - but it is starting to affect my proffessional life!!!! I have really bad anxiety and panic if I dont know where the nearest toilet is! Everything has just 'snow-balled' into what seems an uncontrollable problem - I am so depressed with it! Im at the point im willing to not eat to stop it all (but obviously that isn't going to help!!!)I have tried 2 types of spazmolytics now which do seem to help with the pain. Im also taking Lofepramine which the doctor says will take a good 8 weeks to kick in (on week 5 now) and they will help my depression. Being IBS-A, taking imodium causes so much pain and I find I get constipated for days!!!! However, sometimes I really do need to take Imodium or something to atleast calm my tummy down!Has anyone got any advice at all??? Please help, even if it is a friendly ear to talk to!!!Flick x

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.