Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize is this post is repeated but I wanted to ask every section of the website. I have nasty internal hemmies and someday's they just bleed out in the toilet and shower. The loss of blood is incredible. I have an appt with a surgeon on Tuesday but have heard from EVERYONE that surgery is worse. Have any of you dealt with vicious ones and have healed yourself without surgery? Please, I am begging any of you to help me out. I am at the point of giving up on life. I just can't go on living my life with this problem. I am only 26! I take 3 stool softeners a night and drink water allll day long. Please help a desperate person out! Thanks!!Matt

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi IBSinAZHi - I have hemroids that flare when I get D which is about every two weeks. My GI said there there but not to bad... But I get bleeding, pain swelling that puts me throgh hell. I am not bad enough for surgery but if I bleeding as much as you I would consider it. I am guessing your IBS C (constipation). Have you tried typing hemroids or surgery on the search engine on the top of the main page? It will pull all posts on whatever your interesed in. A great help for me. Anyhow hang in there your not alone.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I just had hemorrhoids banded when I had my colonscophy on Thursday. No pain so far. My doctor told me various problems I had were caused by them including the bleeding, a watery leakage (had to wear several light days sometimes)and a more frequent "urge to push" which means more time spent in the bathroom. So far for me, a positive experience. I am down to one lightday at a time and that is just cause I am paranoid.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have them too and thankfully they don't bleed to badly to often. I have friends who have had "banding" rather than surgery for their roids and they report that the procedure itself wasnt to bad (done at dr's office)and the results have been positive too. What I think you are referring to as awful surgery is the traditional hemmoroidectomy. Perhaps your roids can be treated by the banding? If you end up going the surgery route make sure that you go to a good board certified colon-rectal surgeon. There are muscles/nerves that need special care in a roid operation and your best results will be from a surgeon who has done this many times. Wish I could help you more

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had surgery in July to remove my hemmorhoids, it was not fun and the pain was horrible and there is no worse feeling in the world when you have a Bm, But to look back, it was the best thing I have ever done, to suffer years of the pain from them, it was well worth the initial pain to now be pain free. my only regret I did not take the pain meds until it got really bad, I was worried about constipation and terrified to have a BM, I called the Dr and told him this he said take the pain pills and stay on top of the pain and perscribed a stool softener which did wonders, and it was not so bad to have a bm I had a sitz bath waiting for me when I was done, what relief I would get and it helped to speed up the healing process. I still suffer from the freaded c word but no hemmorhoids, it was so worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HiI sure can smypathize with you.. Been having problems with
uties: Sheesh! It is usually from diarrhea but then a med. I take for IC cause constipation.. I take Metamucil trying to keep things normal.. I use Prep H and soak.. but this sure is painfull. Surgery would be my last resort but if they could promise no more pain after that I would go for it..This is the pits!!Hope you feel better real soon..~~Pam~~

·
Registered
830 Posts
the thing is, if your 'roids have thrombosed and hardened up, the only real solution is the scalpel and DON'T LET THE SURGEON DO IT BY LASER! it is an amazement to me that they use laser surgery in america for 'roids as opposed to the old fashioned knife. i had a hemorroidectomy in '99 and altho it was vile at the time it was the best thing i could have done - however - i retrained my bowel and everything else afterwards so i would not suffer C too much again. - in the meantime, the important thing is to keep your stools SOFT AND LOOSE: water, softeners, magnesium supplements, tons of cooked greans and other veg, prunes and prune juice, olive oil etc etc. Another thing is to address the circulatory issue of 'roids: exercise and there are supplements found in health food stores that boost your blood circulation. good luck!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
This is just great. Finally got in to see the dr. who did the colonoscophy and I found out he didn't band the hemmies at all! Thanks so much for letting me know!! He says they are too advanced and that I would have to have surgery. He seemed very negative about the surgery but I told him I wanted it for sure. Now I am wavering. Maybe he is a bad surgeon. ??? Not sure what I should do. Can you heal hemmies without surgery?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.