Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been in chronic gut pain for over a year and tried many things to no avail. I take restoralax everyday with fibre pills and amitriptyline at night but so far I'm just getting worse. I constantly feel like I need to have a movement but I either don't have one or have a liquid movement and still feel no relief after. I have bloating and pain of the abdomen and have been in a downward pain spiral for 3 weeks. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated

·
Community Manager
13,196 Posts
so sorry for all your problems.

i hope you have a good gastroenterologist.

have you tried any antispasmodics--like bentyl or librax? librax did wonders for my abdominal pain.

i see you're taking amitriptyline . hopefully it's helping with your pain but it can have constipation as a side effect.

also, as far as constipation is concerned, fiber can help relieve constipation for some people if the cause of their C is a lack of fiber to begin with but if you have slow transit constipation, fiber can make things worse. dumping more fiber in a colon that's already moving slowly can just back things up all the more. i found i did better with a diet low in fiber.

good luck. hope you can find some relief.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I found what helps me is taking pantaloc everyday. If you are having the constant liquid ibs it might be that you are taking restoralax too much or do not need to take it at all. Having porridge in the morning helps me because it is a soluble fibre but too much fibre, especially when I am overly sensitive does tend to make things worse. Also some sites say probiotics are good and others say they can make things worse. It has been my experience that they make things worse. If you get hot when you have to go like I do a cold magic bag on your neck can help. If you are getting more stomach problems and cramps then heat is very good for that. I hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts