Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 18. I went without a problem until recently and I'm now 22. My problem is that my stool just seems to hard or too large to pass. I take Dulcolax but all that does is force a BM and a very very painful one at that. It causes bleeding, sometimes severe. I've done research but all the answers are for preventative treatment, not how to get this mess out without endangering my health. I cannot go through anymore of this! The things that can result from this problem are dangerous. Intestinal looping (or knots) that are FATAL, intestinal inversion (stool isn't the only thing that'll come out), and multiple infections...I'm begging for help! All I need is something that will turn the hard stool into D or at least soften it so I can pass it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
HUGSI know your pain, but for you a simple stool softner might be the answer and more water and exercise, have you tired those?I havent much advice to give but know we are all here and we understand how it feels.I hope your feeling better

·
Registered
116 Posts
You've probably already tried this but it sounds like a stool softener might help you. A more natural approach would be a cup of warm prune juice before breakfast. Hope you find a solution soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suffer the same symptoms also. I have been using an herbal product that I retail in my beauty shop called "Clenz". It's sold in selective beauty shops or internet only. My NP doctor analyzed it and said it was ok for me to use because it brings water into the bowel and produces a soft bowel movement almost every day. It does not cause cramping or stomach upset. I take 2 after dinner. If I'm really having a bad time, I take 1 after breakfast also. If you're really packed, then get a series of colonics to break through the hard stuff. I ended up in the emergency room last year with a packed bowel. Most people take 1, but they don't have the same problems as I do. It does not contain senna. If I can keep the stool soft, I don't have to take spasm medications. My gastro doctor told me to take Miralax, it works, but I have so much gas with it that I have to sleep in a separate room. My client's husband is a gastro doctor and he produced a product called "Prebiotin",which is a fiber product. I also works, but again, I produce too much gas. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have been trying a few different things - and I am sure that at this point anything is worth a shot.Aloe Vera Gel - sold in health food storesSuper Fiber - 35+ grams per dayREMOVE ALL DAIRY!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.