Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with IBS-D in July of last year. I am here to ask some questions and learn a few things. I am of the opinion that my GI has misdiagnosed, so maybe (hoping) I can get some answers here. Thank you.

· Registered
313 Posts
Welcome. I hope you find what you are looking for. I am of the opinion that what we call ibs is actually many different diseases. I have ibs-c that doctors have admitted is likely from nerve damage from my neurological disease. I hope you can find the root cause of your diarrhea and treat it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. As some history, I was diagnosed with gallstones in Sept. of last year. My gallbladder was removed in late March. 3-4 weeks of diarrhea. Then things returned to normal followed by severe constipation. In May, severe abdominal pains for a week. So, the search began, and they said IBS. In Nov. the abdominal pain hit every week. In short, never an issue until gallbladder removal. One ER doctor, I think had an idea. He gave me Sucralfate which is a bile binder. My GI still says IBS. ER doctor says Bile Reflux since the bile binder works. Confusing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts