Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.I was diagnosed with Ulcerative/Mucous Colitis or IBS this past Monday by my GP who has been my Doctor since birth. SInce March, my life has been miserable. I had to take 10 days of Augmentin for strep thoat and ever since I have had bowel problems. It started with the incomplete evacuations and then escalated to always having to go. Well this past Sunday all I did was go and go and go. I got to the point where I just could not go anymore even though my body was telling me that I had to. When I woke up Monday morning I had very sharp pains in the Sigmoid colon area and it was very tender to touch. I was able to see my GP that morning and after I told him my story he did a check up. He listened to my stomach/intestines and told me that they were spasming a great deal and his diagnosis was colitis. He says that it has a lot to do with my nervous system and I would have to live with it.I had a Sigmoidoscopy back in May and was told that I had hemorrhoids. Now I have is pain on the lower left side, bloating and incomplete evacuation. I am miserable! I'm ok when I am sitting down, but once I have to walk I get the pain. Any idea on what could have caused this pain? Could I have injured or overworked my colon to this point?I suppose I'll have to accept my diagnosis and move on. It's just hard to deal with this. Thanks for your help.Bee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.