Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was diagnosed with IBS in Febuary after getting a colonoscopy . Recently I have been fighting a throat and ear infection since the middle of February and its finally getting better. However, Last week i had a bad pain on my left rib, like the last bone of my rib cage that woke me up at night. I went to the doctors the following day and the doctor believed it was just my infection spreading to to the cartilage between my ribs. I haven't had the pain as bad as that night since, how ever its dull and achey and rumbles from time to time. I have also been sweating alot the past few days with out fevers and have had night sweats and have been having a few more BMs a day.Today I had loose stools that look dark with gray in it.Dose this sound like a case of IBS and remnants of the antibiotic or this infection I had ?I have read where people have IBS pain under their ribs due to the colon bending there.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Brain you could have strained your side and what your are feeling could be muscular. (Sometimes even coughing can strain muscles.)FWIW anytime I have to take antibiotics I take a probiotic to attempt to keep my gut bacteria in balance as antibiotics can upset that balance.IBS pain can literally be anywhere in your ab as the colon goes all the way around it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.