Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few months back I started feeling some discomfort on the right side upper quadrant under the ribs. I got my ultrasound done and found few stones in the my gb. My blood test was also done and I found that I had a recovered HB case. My enzymes are normal.This discomfort/pain travels sometimes to left side under the left ribs. I feel pain in the back of ribs and backpain. Sometime this pain is with a sensation. I also feel pain while driving a car on the bumpy road on the right side and back or going to standing position from sitting position from a chair. This pain on the right side is due to gas as I hear sounds of gas. Sometimes it seems a muscular pain. It can not be due to gall stones, since its pain is a severe one. Sometimes, it seems to be dyspepsia/muscular pain. The doc guessed to be IBS. I am constipated from the beginning. It is not alternated with diarrohia. I want members opinion whether these symptoms relate to IBS.

·
Banned
194 Posts
I experience similar symptoms to those that you describe, although they are not constant. In my case it's been a combination of gas and spasming after having had diarrhea. It also sometimes occurs if I have eaten things like popcorn (with lots of insoluable fiber) or foods that are highly spiced.Be aware that the pain could also still be related to the stones your doctor found in your gallbladder. Gallbladder pain can radiate to places you might not suspect.Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have had a VERY similar pain for almost 3 years now!! They took my GB out 2 years ago and I have not had any relief from the pain in almost 3 years now. The GB removal didn't help AT ALL!! Doc's say "just learn to live with it". I cannot even sleep on my right side at all--too painful! I am IBS-C..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.