Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had severe D since November. Have had colonoscopy and blood tests but all seemed ok, apart from ESR which was raised at 22 (shows inflammation SOMETHERE apparently).Never had endoscopy as Dr seems reluctant to do one. However I feel that I need one.After exhausting all other treatments, Dr gave me some Lansoprasole tablets last month, to treat an Ulcer I think. He thought it was "worth a try".These helped and reduced the D from every day to once a week. Now Ive finished then and apparently I can have any more as Ive had the dose. Now its my 3rd day off the pills and my D is coming back and the pains are sharp and painful.Any advice PLEASE????

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Vikki - sorry to hear things are not going so well again! why is your doc reluctant to do an endescopy? have you been checked for gallbladder problems, celiacs, thyroid, ulcers the list just goes on - look into food allergies and food intolerances Ive just read a great book by Brostoff which explains the diff and how this could affect people - there are so many reasons you could be having D and pain including IBS and figuring out which one it is is very frustrating for everyone (your doc included) - while you are looking for an answer you need to get some control over the D have you tried using Calcium many people here have had some good results this way me included, adapting you diet stress reduction stress can play havoc on us D-types, cant advise on pain medication but look in some of the other forums which gives some advice here -while some people on this BB have alot of knowledge and have done some extensive research I doubt anyone can give you a conclusive solution to you problem or be able to tell you what is causing it just from your posts though it would be a blessing if someone could unfortunately it seems like there is no quick fix and getting a diagnosis is a long slog - so sorry couldnt be more help but take care and keep reading the BB some great advice does come up! - bye mich

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Vikki - sorry to hear things are not going so well again! why is your doc reluctant to do an endescopy? have you been checked for gallbladder problems, celiacs, thyroid, ulcers the list just goes on - look into food allergies and food intolerances Ive just read a great book by Brostoff which explains the diff and how this could affect people - there are so many reasons you could be having D and pain including IBS and figuring out which one it is is very frustrating for everyone (your doc included) - while you are looking for an answer you need to get some control over the D have you tried using Calcium many people here have had some good results this way me included, adapting you diet stress reduction stress can play havoc on us D-types, cant advise on pain medication but look in some of the other forums which gives some advice here -while some people on this BB have alot of knowledge and have done some extensive research I doubt anyone can give you a conclusive solution to you problem or be able to tell you what is causing it just from your posts though it would be a blessing if someone could unfortunately it seems like there is no quick fix and getting a diagnosis is a long slog - so sorry couldnt be more help but take care and keep reading the BB some great advice does come up! - bye mich

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hi VikkiHere is the book that Saffie was talking about...It is a really good book and hashelped me to understand alot of thingsFOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT�, Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings� College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hi VikkiHere is the book that Saffie was talking about...It is a really good book and hashelped me to understand alot of thingsFOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT�, Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings� College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.