Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a low carb diet back in April. I weighed about 150 lbs and am 5 ft. No doubt needed to drop some weight. A friend wanted to try the low carb thing. So I did it and without a book or any info really. Just tryed to wing it on my own. I would eat eggs for breakfast, lunchmeat or any meat for lunch, with cottage cheese and fresh veggies. Then for dinner about anything that I would make here at home. Along with the low carb diet, I took Xenadrine EFX. I was on that until about September. I went off of it and noticed my "d" in October. I was having it only 2-3 times in the morning. My doctor prescribed some Immodium and Librax. The Librax only 1 daily. Well I was still having these problems and went back. He gave me Dicyclomine 3 times a day. Still no help. I am having the most of my "d" in the mornings. It is kind of mucousy and always feel an urgent need to go. I had tests done. They checked my blood, stool culture and ultrasound of my tummy. Nothing. Everything was negative. I am about to see a new doctor tomorrow morning and am hoping she will have something to tell me. I am having the worst gurgling. I never had problems like this before this dieting stuff. I have lost about 38 lbs. And need to not lose anymore. Any helpful tips??? Does this sound like IBS?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think the standard advice would be to go back to your doctor and see what s/he thinks. sorry to be so unhelpful but it's a good idea to get standard trained allopathic opinions before going the self-treatment route.now i think of it, i only developed (full-on) symptoms after going on a weird raw-food diet due to unrelated health problems. then there's the people here who've had problems after anorexia. i guess tinkering with your diet isn't always a good thing. seems like it can have results that are difficult to reverse.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hello Heidibug,I can only speak from the perspective of someone who was diagnosed with IBS-D by a GI that turned out to be anxiety-induced D caused by chronic stress. I do not know if that is a factor in your life, but for me anti-anxiety drugs stopped the D in 48 hours. Now on that and Effexor XR and don't have the D problems anymore. Take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts