Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a ibs-c person. Never have diarrhea unless I take a laxative. For the past week I've been havingf watery diarrhea late morning and after lunch. I'm not complaining, just curious. I take zelnorm but Ive been on it a long time and this never happened. Is there any reason to worry? Is diarrhea a bad thing? I prefer it to constipation!

·
Registered
6 Posts
sometimes i switch from C to D....depending on if i ate too much, or too fast.Laxitives don't seem to bother me much. but i tend to stay away from them since im in college, and i don't want to run to the bathroom during all of my classes.i prefer the C, but id rather have neither, but its only a wish

·
Registered
830 Posts
welcome to IBS! D one day, C the next, who knows where or when or why. Have you been taking any magnesium supps? Because they will often (that's why so many of us C-ers use them) make your stools runny. Mag being an osmotic, drawing water into the bowel.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ghitta,I take mag supps and have been for a long time- its just been int hepast 2-3 weeks that ive been "blessed" isay blessed because its much better than not going. Im not complaining- just wondering if its normal after all these years to start in with diarrehea....thanks for replying.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Gosh- how we'd all trade with each other huh?If you had D-I think you'd prefer C...lolSeriously, unpredictable urgent diarrhea really runs your life...you worry every time you go anywhere..or you end up wearing diapers etc.At least with C, if you know you'll be blocked up for a day or two, embarrasing yourself if not an issue.I alternate D and what I will call C-because I get blocked up for days after a bad D spell. However, I don't get much if any discomfort.But wait-there's more...if I get really stressed out or anxious, I can have D most anytime..even a day after several BMS. So???Can't win.Yes, I can relate to having one BM...and more later. It's called incomplete evacuation. One big old contraction just doesn't get it all out.You'll find in a few minutes or so, after you're away from the toilet, along comes another urge.My doctor says just sit on the toilet longer...has never worked. I wait a while, feel absolutely no urge, get up and go about my day..then there comes the urge.anyhow...good luck to us allKeep trying things.Jeanne

·
Registered
341 Posts
The only thing consistant with IBS is that it's inconsistant.The rules are always changing.Just when you think you have it figured out,the rules change and you are right back to where you started.My body is constantly changing from constipation to loose stool and back to constipation.Any change throws me off....the weather,hormones,diet,and who knows what else. I wish i had some answers for you :love:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.