Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just thought I would post this especially for the younger people that have diarrhea all the time. When my son was quite young in about grade 6 he was having terrible stomach problems to the point that it was ruling his life, he couldn't go on a sleep over without taking pepto bismal along at all times. I thought this was no way that a young kid should have to live and made an appointment with a pediatrician. With all the diarrhea this kid had he was constipated! I couldn't believe it. She gave us some stuff to clean him out and he has been fine. He is allergic to milk we found out and that would bring on an allergic attack but other than that he is good. She said that you can still be constipated with diarrhea. And believe me she checked him out good. Not sure if this will help anyone but it's something to think about. He doesn't even have many milk attacks now that he is older, 24 yrs. But he would have gone his whole life like that if we hadn't found this out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. I am a new member, I just registered today. I have had IBS ever since I can remember. Ever sinse I was very young. There are times when I go for days without getting attacks, and somedays it happens 10 or 15 times. I am learning to not focus on it and I am trying to live my life. It is very hard to revolve your life around this disease. I constantly have to plan to not go anywhere for at least an hour after I eat. Whether it's in a car, or just go to a mall. I will not go shopping anywhere where there is not washrooms present. I hate to live like this, but i am getting used to it now. You just have to be strong, and deal with it one day at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.