Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-d for 25yrs. I've since develped social anxiety and rarely accept any invitations to someones house. I don't do coffee mornings, lunches or suppers at anyones house including family. I'm usually ok to go for an evening meal at a restaurant though. When my dad died last year I found some valium 2mg tabs. I kept them thinking that if things got desperate then I would use them. Well....I have and they help me enormously. For example, I have used them 4 x in the last month. I have been able to attend 2 work related courses starting at 9am, been to the dentist and today managed to attend a family gathering lunch which I really enjoyed. I haven't been able to do that for 20years. Would it be so bad to ask the GP for more of these tabs. They used to be called "mothers little helpers"-I know they are highly addictive but surely there is a place for them in such circumstances. I have weighed up the pros and cons and would rather use them for 5 years and have some semblance of normal life than live the way I do now. I think addiction is actually the least of my problems and am prepared to face that if it happens for short term rewards and pay the penalty. The alternative is grim really.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.