Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings allI'm a long time D&C sufferer who actually had miraculous results with the drug bentyl. Unfortunately, I had serious (depression-like) side effects from this medication. I'm wondering if there is any chance Dicetel would work in the same way? I know it's only avail. in Canada, but I'd gladly make that trip. thanks for all the help and support.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can't answer this for certain. Dicetel is just a anti-spasmatic type drug. If you do a seach, there have been a few threads on Dicetel. I found it helped in lessening the pain associated with the spasms, but that was about all. I also took vitamins and such with it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took Dicetal for a while a couple of years ago, and found that I just didn't like it. It did help a bit with the D, but I found that if I wasn't really active after eating I would get horrible pains in my stomach. The same thing would happen if I didn't eat a lot.

G

·
there are no known side effects with Dicetel [pinaverium bromide].It works amazing for pain and moves the food along the colon helping both C and D.No longer need to take it.Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.