Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I started taking Dicetel and I WAS symptom free until a couple of days ago. I've had two attacks since and they seemed to come on stronger than they did when I wasn't taking anything at all. How disappointing!!!!!!!!!! I was very upset when it happened again. I'm going to try calcium since I've read so much about it here. Then maybe acupuncture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Sound...That's terrible...I'm sorry to hear your bad news. Maybe it's only a temporary setback? Perhaps the Dicetel may still work for you?Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
That happened to me too. I was so hopeful b/c for 2 weeks it was heaven....and then it went back to what it was before. I don't know why, many people have a lot of success with it. I am going to try that arrowroot as soon as I can find it here. There is also the starch thing that AJ55 recommended, tastes but. (but so does that cough syrup on the TV, but it works...maybe that will too)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've been taking Dicetel since March. It works as long as you don't eat your trigger foods. I get an ocassional attack but its always because I've done something stupid. As long as I eat properly, everything is fine - but Dicetel isn't magic, you have to eat properly too. I have perfectly normal formed stools when I take Dicetel. I can honestly say that this is the first time I can remember ever having normal stools on a regular basis - and I've had IBS for over 35 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.