Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my doctor prescribed Dicetel for me, which I have been taking for a week. He said it would take about 2 months to see if it would actually work. The problem is that I seem worse instead of better right now. Is this a common response, or maybe do I have a bug instead of just "normal" IBS? I do have a cold, and when one area of my body is affected, it goes right to my bowel. Plus, we are moving in two weeks, which is a LITTLE stressful. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was on Dicetel for about 2 days and felt like ####. Did not help me at all. And also Dicitel is a drug used for Ulceractive colitis(I was told by another doctor) and should have never been on it in the first place. Are you IBS-D or C? If you are D have you tried Modulon or Librax? I just got off the Librax and it did help for 8 months, but then stopped so I'm back on Modulon which in the past helped me for 2 years( and I was eating very very fatty foods too) that's why it quit working for me and I had to try Librax. But I am eating healthy now and hopefully the Modulon helps like before. Hope I helped a little. You should go on the internet and type in Dicetil and it will show you what exactly the drug is used for, Just for your own research.Billie

·
Registered
109 Posts
i took dicetel religously for 2 months for my ibs,i didnt notice my ibs getting any better or worse,but my doc claims it helps alot of people,and i know when i get a flu or cold,my ibs gets way worse,so prompted me to get my first flu shot.stress also makes my pain and ibs worse,so my doc started me on elavil last week,still to early to tell if it will work,i am a bit less stressed,because the pills make me feel like a zombie. p.s. heres a good site to reserch your meds...http://www.safemedication.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had quite a bit of experience with Dicetel - was on it for a year and half at one stretch. I noticed that it did seem to make matters a bit worse the first few weeks. But it also seemed to get things 'moving along' (really prone to constipation). I had to increase dosage and decease dosage depending on what was happening and overall, was glad I took it. I felt healthier in my bowel and finally went off when I realized I was functioning pretty well without it. Typical of IBS though, symptoms returned a year later and now I am on Zelnorm and crossing my colon that it works!Good luck, hope you have success with this med.Casmir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts