Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any members have taken the drug "Dicetel" and if so, has it helped. Is there any side effects etc. etc.bellea

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I tried it....as I remember it seemed to work for about a week and then I didn't notice any different. But everyone is different, maybe it would work for you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there. (You must be from Canada if you're on Dicetel, right?) I was on Dicetel for quite a long time. They started me on the lower dosage and it seemed to work for about 3 weeks really well, then the dreadful IBS started coming back. I think my body was getting used to this medication, so they put me on a higher dosage, but that didn't work either. I eventually went off Dicetel and onto Modulen (I think that's how you spell it), and it seems to be working so far. However, I also changed a lot of things in terms of my eating habits, etc. which may have contributed to my feeling better. I've stopped eating all greasy food, all pop or chips, I don't eat many really green vegetables or fruits that are too citrussy. I also stay sway from milk products for the most part, and I went off of "the pill" (which I think may have been worsening my IBS a great deal). I now have been completely IBS free for 2 weeks (coincidently, I've also been off birth control for the same length of time). I hope that you too can be symptom free very soon. Good luck-Care.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've been on Dicetel since March. I noticed a big change within a week or two (normal stools!) but now I have to watch what I eat or I tend towards C (rare for me). I also made other changes - low carb diet, no caffeine. This is the most normal I have felt in a very long time. I'll keep taking the Dicetel as long as I can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me3...would you mind if I emailed you about your experience with dicetel? It might be an option after next week when I see my GI again for the colonoscopy.Thanks,Ropes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've been taking dicetel on and off for over a year. i find it helps ALOT as long at i take it with a huge glass of water right before i eat. if i don't take enough water it doesn't do squat. plus, i stick to foods i know won't upset my stomach.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have taken Dicetel for about 3 months now. I also started taking Metamucil twice a day at the same time, but I believe it is the Dicetel that is doing the job. It has worked really well for me, and in fact I am inclined towards C right now. Nothing serious, in fact it's a nice change. I think the dr. talked about cutting the dosage back a little next time I go in. It's definitely worth a try.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi GBSfan, I've been taking Dicetel for about 5 months now. I tried taking it 2 years ago and found it too strong and gave up. In March, my doctor suggested trying 1/2 tablet instead. This worked really well. Eliminated a lot of my symtoms right away! After a while I tended towards C so I cut back to 1/2 pill twice a day (I don't usually eat lunch anyway so this was better for me. Now I am on the Atkins diet which tewnds to cause C as well, so I cut back to 1/2 pill in the a.m. only. This is working for me and I really hopes it continues to. At the moment my IBS is better than it has been in 20 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.