Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloANybody take this for IBS ? I just got it from my doctor but I hate taking pills and I was only diagnosed with IBS c-recently. I never had any tests, Nor did I have a checkup really. I walked in, told the GI doctor that I get pain and sometimes it leaves after the bathroom run and sometimes it stays there. Also told him that I went to the emergency room 3 times over the past 4 years with bad pain (emergency room docs gave me pain pill sand said i was "backed up"Sorry this is long.Just wondering if this drug has side effects or should I try a herbal route? Thanks to all who will respond
PeaceKim

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Kim: I took dicyclomine once. It made me have to pee a lot - urge to pee real bad. So, I stopped. No other symptoms. It didn't do much for the IBS, but I'm on donnatal tabs now which does help and has no side effects. I hate to take medicines, too. But, after 25 years of suffering, and all I wanted was to be "regular", I'm glad there is something that helps. Eveyone is different, but if you have no side effects on the dicyclomine, give it a few weeks or a couple of months before you decide if it works.I'm surprised you haven't had any tests. That's the first step to diagnose IBS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, your correct, I can't understand why the "think" it might be . The GI doc is supposed to be the best at New England Medical Center and told me that people don't even think that folks like us have this for real. He don't believe in holistic ways to approach this too.I bought digestive advantage and might start with that for 2 weeks to see if theres a change. I might skip the pills, for I asked many and they said many side effects. My problem isnt too bad, I just get bogged up inside and it causes pain if they only could make a drug that can ease it, I might be willing to try holistic approach soon.Have a great day
Kim

·
Registered
265 Posts
Kim,It gave me bladder and kidney infections (3 times) when I took this drug on a regular basis. I can only take it intermittently, like before a large meal. It works OK, relaxes me after a large meal, as opposed to feeling like I am going to have a heart attack.dro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.