Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres my story the best way i can tell..bout 5 years ago this all started. at first i just started feeling different, a little dizzyiness, have to sit down andwonder whats happenning, i'm thinking am i having a mild coronary??went to the hospital a couple of time for ekg..alls well..ok so maybe i'm having anxiety attacks. i never knew when it was going to happen but icould fell it comming. about 4 yrs ago i was driving down the freeway and i started feeling funny -- dizzy then my vision [kinda like putting on a dark pair off sunglasses] then almost lossing consieseness[or at least thats what it felt like]finally i pulled over got out and sat on the bank of the road and called for help.. thinking this is it i talk to gold and thank him for not taking me in a painfull way..by the time i got to the hospital bp was up pretty high. they put me on a nitro patch and i guess they treated me for a heart attack for 4 days. actually the nitro seemed to clear my head up till 3 days of patches the nitro headaches became too severe.. wel since i have been seeing dr clark out of stanford. he was sure it was and atery contracting but he can't find anything wrong with me after all the tests. even had a brain scan no epilepsy either. wore a heart monitor for several months and when i had an episode nothing registerd..been feeling pretty good for months now. but today while driving SCHOOL BUS it hit. not a really good time. but anyways ive noticed when i burp i feel better??? and when i'm driving it usually hits harder? [sitting with pressure on my gut maybe??] but i've been telling my wife for over a year now that there is nothing wrong with me i think its just gas? so my question is do i belong here?? or the freakn nut house.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Google "bus driver fatigue" That may be what you are suffering from. I used to drive city bus and had a similar attack, a total break between my brain and the bus. Later, due to stresses of driving in heavy traffic, this began to affect me on highways. It is common amongst short haul bus and truck drivers. I did have to quit my job because I couldn't face ever having to deal with that again; but it is better than a heart attack and eventually I have been able to get over it.Best.Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Google "bus driver fatigue" That may be what you are suffering from. I used to drive city bus and had a similar attack, a total break between my brain and the bus. Later, due to stresses of driving in heavy traffic, this began to affect me on highways. It is common amongst short haul bus and truck drivers. I did have to quit my job because I couldn't face ever having to deal with that again; but it is better than a heart attack and eventually I have been able to get over it.Best.Mark
i think this has in some way something to do with gas. yesterday pretty much kicked my butt. still alittle lethargic today. still burping, every time i burp i feel better????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i thought about driver fatigue. but this started before i was driving bus its only happenned acouple of times while driving. its happenned more just doin normal things???or nothing at all????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.