Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every day when I get up have my BM shorty after waking. Well lately I haven't had to go after awaking and then go later in the day. Well For the last 2 days really I haven't had to have a BM I don't feel full like I need to have one if I try to go I will go a little but I don;t want to strain. So I don't think I am constipated as I don't feel like I need to have a BM. Is it possible that I switched to IBS-C?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some perfectly healthy people only have 3 BM's a week. So if you skip a day or two and aren't having any added discomfort from that you are probably just seeing normal variation.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kathleen that's what I was hoping. I need some bloody anxiety meds my mind id what's killing me. Don't have a BM that day and don't feel like I need to I worry my ass of for no reason.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just had my BM after a few days and it was thin and had to strain a little. I have been taking fibre like crazy and still noting really. I still feel like I have to go and have that full feeling. What can I do?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
First off I wouldn't worry about it as that could cause problems itself. So please try REAL hard not to stress about it.Secondly.. just realize that you will go eventually. IF you do not want to strain.. try taking JUST a stool softener withOUT any loaxative agent in it. That may make things easier to pass. But the best thing you can do??? Don't worry about it or become OVERLY concerned about it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I am for the most part ignoring it. I think it just worried me as this hasn't ever happened before.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Ok but realize it can just happen with IBS. But if you are over-worried go see your Dr.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to give it time and as soon as I feel uncomfortable I will pop into my doctors office.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I think I feel a bit better I go a few times every day. I don't strain or force myself I just feel like I need to go. They are kind of thin and I feel good afterwards but then feel like I have to go again shortly after. My gas has been a lot less lately. The fibre is sort of working I take a ton and I don't get the huge BM's like I used to. Still not in pain or feel bloated I even weigh a few pounds less so I don't think I am to backed up. It just seems like my bowels have slowed way down after I took some Immodium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.