Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted on here that I was fat and fructose intolerant and had suffered a weight loss of 15 kg (33 lbs). Then, I posted that I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis.Well, none of them apply. When the doctor mentioned microscopic colitis, I was under sedation and hadnt realised he had said he was LOOKING for rare diseases in the biopsies, like microscopic colitis, as nothing had been apparent in the colonoscopy. My gastro now tells me that all the biopsies were fine and that my symptoms are IBS related, despite the weight loss.Obviously I am delighted that nothing is wrong, although the weight loss remains a mystery. In the meantime, I am glad I found the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), because my weight loss and many of the symptoms (nausea, dizziness, weakness, diarrhea, fat intolerance), ceased from the moment I started on it.I still have trigger foods, but I am so grateful to the internet and to the people who wrote so positively about this diet for inspiring me to give it a go.Regards all,Jack

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.