Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am certainly not new to IBS
Afterall I have suffered with it for 8 years now. I seem to have periods of most days being okay or most days being diarrhea ridden. The past week or so has been different though. I find that I cannot tolerate food of any substance. I can eat jello, watermelon, yogurt, smooth foods like that. I think I screwed up by enjoying popcorn a few days in a row. Anyway, I am in need of daily diet suggestions to cope with this. I am a SWEETS eater in the worst way and it is an addiction for me. Just wondering if ya'll know of particular foods that are calming to the stomach that maybe I could use for a few days and work myself up to some halfway decent meals.Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Maybe try the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. That should help. It usually works well after a virus with diarrhea, so maybe you could give this a shot for a couple of days.I hear ya on the sweets thing.
Love them!

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Yep the BRAT diet is good, but go easy on the applesauce! Umm other things that are gentle and also help slow down D attacks are bread-white until the D stopswhite boiled rice (I cheat and put a bit of salt on mine though)white pasta (same deal, a bit of salt seems to be okay just not too much)plain cereal like rice bubbles (watch out for HFCS, we don't use it so much here but I know they do in the states)and dry crackers like saltines or salada or even sao's are good tooFinally baked potatoes are great, just don't load them up! A bit of butter or marg is okay for me but everyone is different.Most of all keep hydrated! Then add foods back in slowly, don't go all out on the first day (lol, I have a habit of this and end up sick again!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.