Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a colonoscopy on Monday.I was instructed to not have any whole wheat products on Friday and Saturday (today).But I ate a few gingerbread cookies.Will this mess up my prep?Tomorrow I will start the clear liquids and laxative stuff.Thanks for any help

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Were the ginger bread cookies made with whole wheat or just wheat flour?Either way I doubt this will mess anything up for ya.Wishing you a smooth prep and procedure.BQ

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ingredients say "bleached wheat flour"It's the "Mother's" brand Gingerbread Men cookies.
I feel so stupid asking this... this is my 4th colonoscopy and you'd think I would be more careful.BTW.. thanks for answering my question

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hey... nobody's perfect.. I was never given that dietary restriction for a colonscopy. It might have to do with the biopsies they take. But I still think you should be fine.Just let the Doc know maybe. But I seriously doubt he would cancel the whole shebang over two Gingerbread Men. Tell him that he can no longer do your colonscopies in December with all the goodies about. It is just too much of a sacrifice and prepping above and beyond the call of duty.
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I had to do the typical fasting... only liquids the day before... no red food products.. and all that.Just was never told to specifically refrain from eating whole wheat products up to 72hours b/4 the procedure.I imagine the fasting and preps both vary from Doc to Doc.Hope yours goes well.BQ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.