Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't know what to eat anymore. I am worried that I am not getting enough vegetablesand fruit because most of them bother me. I also need more protein. Can anyone suggest type of protein that is more digestable. I also miss wine even though I don't know if it will bother me or if it wasw the foods I ate. Please I would really appreciate some advice

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Food is not the one and only trigger. A lot of people have problems no matter which foods they eat. IBS is rarely controlled with diet alone.Often how you eat is more important that what. Smaller more frequent meals are better than starving all day until you can't take it anymore then finally eating.That being said. People with diarrhea often do better with low fat protein, like chicken or turkey breast or lean fish.You might see if a low carb diet does better for you than one with plenty of starch and not much else.You might see if you tolerate low fructose fruits and veggies. Sometimes fructose can be a problem for some people. http://john.toebes.com/diet.htmlCooked fruits and veggies are usually better than raw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts