Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've kinda had my symptoms change so I don't have IBS C much anymore but this is one thing that always worked for me. With any kind of Dieters tea I always had a normal BM about 7 hours later. I usually drink it at night and then first thing in the morning or some time the next day it helps me go to the bathroom. I'm not sure how safe it is for IBS or what it has in it but I would think things like the Dieters Green Tea have pretty natural ingridients and would probably be better than traditional laxitives or other methods.Anyone else have good luck with it?

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
It has the same laxative herbs in as most laxative products.Usually either Cascara or Senna. Most of the laxatives people don't think of as natural like Ex-lax are usually Cascara or Senna.It is a stimulatory laxative and from an herb rather than a chemical doesn't really make that much difference in how your body reacts to it.The conventional wisdom that stimulatory laxatives are addictive (herbal or not) is not generally true, but if you find you need more and more to get the same result it is time to get the doctor involved in your treatment.K.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I would also be *extra* careful with using diet tea that has malva verticellata in it.The pain after using such tea is horrific. Long before IBS-D I was always constipated so I tried that tea, but OMG it gave me such horiible, horrible pain and very very bad D...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.