Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have done so many test and everything is ok according to my doctor. So she says it must be IBS and you'll have to learn to live with it. But i can't live like this and had to do smth.I suffer from severe bloating and gas !. Everytime i eat sugar, wheat, dairy, fruits i get gas. And sometimes it seems trapped. About a year ago i started getting lower back pain. In the beginning of this year i was in hospital and the first three days i got nothing to drink and eat. Believe it or not no Gas. I had to take antibiotica when i got home. I started eating sugar again and the gas and bloating started again after a month. And also the pain in my back. I had bloating and gas 24/7. I don't suffer from constipation. I had a Ct scan of my back. Everything is Ok with my back.I had been on antibiotica in the past for almost 2 years constantly. I got it from different doctors as they could not figure out what was wrong with me. Immediatley after the use of all these anti biotics i got a vaginal (yeast) infection. Went to my doc for that, she gave me pills. They worked for a week and then it came back again.I started my own research and came across the candida infection. I talked to my doc and she gave me Nizoral and i went on the diet. The nizoral did nothing for me (to weak med). From the site i read that i diet alone will not kill the Candida. So i got a hold on Diflucan and nystatin via via....I am to afraid of the diflucan as it is for systematic Candida. But i often wonder if i suffer from that type of candida because of my lower back pain. Anybody has a suggestion about this !!So about 6 days ago i started with the Nystatin. My gas and bloating has really increased and follow a strict diet.My plan is to drink this med for a month and then start with good probiotics.My Questions : Is nystatin a good med ? I read Kel her post but i can't find the names of the other meds she mentioned !! Any other good anti bact meds out there??Has anybody have good experiences with Diflucan ??I have been feeling much better since the use of nystatin.But i read somewhere that it is a weak med and maybe i would have to use it for a year.I want smth stronger which will also help quicker !Hope you guys can help me !! I really need some help with this.Oh something else, Last year my doc but me on abendazol for about 6 days. It's a med for worms as i had worms. During the use of these tablets i had no gas and bloating what so ever. As soon as i finished drinking the tablets the gas and bloating came back again. Strange huh !!!Thanks

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I had a doctor tell me that i had to live with it. WRONG.I took matters into my own hands and I have made incredible progress. Nothing that I ever tried in the past worked. I feel very lucky that I tried the antifungals. It was extremely rough because there was no improvement for the longest time and then I kept having one setback after the next.Extreme persistance is the only reason that I was able to turn things around. i am still struggling though, and I am probably going to get bad again. My immune system is incredibly reactive. If I eat anything with mold in it, I suffer greatly.I was also on antibiotics and I think that contributed to my collapse. I think that in africa you can get diflucan for free. The drug companies are providing it.or is suriname in south america??????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Kel,I live in Suriname/ South America. And diflucan is in No way free over here. One pill costs $20 dollars. I got my pills from holland someone used His insurence for me ! I have 10 know. Tommorrow i will get ten more.Do you know anymore anti bact meds i can use after the diflucan ??I am gonna fight this thing. I am on a strict diet no cheating !My doc does not believe in Candida or yeast. She is a FOOLBye bye

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
flavour,over the past 7 months I have learned a few interesting things about fungal overgrowth in the body. The first thing is that sugar is really bad. The second thing is that if I had done some bowel cleansing while undergoing my treatment then I would have recovered much quicker.I think that the biggest source for fungal overgrowth is the colon. I know that every time in the past that I used a fleet enema, I always felt much better. My symptoms would dramatically lessen. Also, I had tried using plain, distilled water enemas and those did not work, They did not create the contractions necessary to expel the matter. I really think that a real fleet enema is the best way to clean the colon.I really think it helps if you use an enema repeatedly or until you are convinced that most of the old bowel tissue and or fungus has been swept out. I had to do 15 in a row before everything started to look normal. Around the 9th enema my symptoms had gone from horrible to not very noticeable.i understand that coconut oil is very good for controlling parasites of all kinds (it is very slow acting though). This should be a common food where you live. Do you consume it or have you made the mistake of "westernizing" your diet?Pau d'arco is an herb native to your region.i saw Lamisil advertised on the internet and it was not overly priced.p.s. i have discovered some good bulletin boards on yeast/ candida/ fungal overgrowth and there is some good information there. you can do a search by typing (candida forum).

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:eek:ver the past 7 months I have learned a few interesting things about fungal overgrowth in the body. The first thing is that sugar is really bad.
Fungal overgrowth in the body causes death; sugar is irrelevant.
quote:The second thing is that if I had done some bowel cleansing while undergoing my treatment then I would have recovered much quicker.
What if you had never done it? May you have still gotten better?
quote:I think that the biggest source for fungal overgrowth is the colon. I know that every time in the past that I used a fleet enema,
But you never had fungal overgrowth.
quote:p.s. i have discovered some good bulletin boards on yeast/ candida/ fungal overgrowth and there is some good information there. you can do a search by typing (candida forum).
It could be the case and probably is that none of the people posting on these boards have this problem. What might that say about their "good" information?
quote:My plan is to drink this med for a month and then start with good probiotics.
You should investigate the nature of your problem before assuming it is something that no one has ever been diagnosed with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FLUX i forgot to mention that i have been suffering from exzema on my skin for almost 12 years. The doctor told me i had to learn to live with it. I soon noticed after a couple of years that the exzema would disappear when i stopped eating sugar. As would my vaginal infection. As soon as i would start to eat sugar again i would get the infection again. Now i have been on this sugar, dairy, wheat, carb free diet for nearly two months now. My exzema and vaginal infection once again disappeared. As i said before i was on antibiotics for two years. Not to mention the time when i was a kid. No to mention the occasional stress, from not knowing what is wrong with you. This once again contributes to the yeast infection.I started getting lower back pins. I was sent to the neurologist and i ask him does the med (injection) have antibiotics, if so i don't want it. He says No. After my second injection i found out that he injected me with Corticoisteroids. This also contributed to the yeast infection. I also noticed that my gas and bloating was getting worse. That's when i started with the nystatin. I am feeling much better. I believe it all Kel. I don't know if it can be done in the states but in the netherlands. They can find the candida via a bloodtest. igM, igA, LBA, (the amounts of these can tell alot) they can nurture your stool and then count the amount of candida bac.If you are ever in the netherlands. Please look up DR DALMULDER. He is the best. He specializes in these kind of deseases. He works at the RMC in Rotterdam. I can't do the test here in Suriname. But i doubt my doc when she says i have IBS D.Bye bye

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Flavour,Keep posting on your progress. Getting the yeast under control is no guarantee that you will have all of your problems eliminated.Presently I am dealing with bad flareups after eating foods. I don't know if some yeast/fungus caused my immune system to go berserk or if I had the allergy and then yeast took over.Do you eat coconut for the antifungal properties?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a candida antibodies panel evaluation done at US BioTek laboratories in Seattle. This blood test was ordered by my naturopath here in Canada. This might be a good option for anybody in North America. (I'm not sure if it would be more convenient for Flavour).

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:i forgot to mention that i have been suffering from exzema on my skin for almost 12 years. The doctor told me i had to learn to live with it. I soon noticed after a couple of years that the exzema would disappear when i stopped eating sugar. As would my vaginal infection. As soon as i would start to eat sugar again i would get the infection again. Now i have been on this sugar, dairy, wheat, carb free diet for nearly two months now. My exzema and vaginal infection once again disappeared.
You need a better evaluation. It does not make any sense that altering diet could affect a disease process like this unless there was some hidden allergy. It does not sound like this has anything to do with fungus or yeast.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
flux,there are so many things that are not known when it comes to the immune system and body in general. IgE allergy is much better understood than other types. How do you explain all the CFIDS, crohn's, fibro, and all the other immune diseases. How do you explain sulfite allergies or sensitivities. I have suffered from many symptoms and they are slowly being unraveled for the first time in my life. It is a slow and incredibly frustrating process. I know that when I eat a food that has a high mold content I get asthma and nervous system problems. I can easily give myself all my symptoms back by eating my worst foods. My immune system is screwed up due to something. I think that "something" has to do with yeast. I am sure there is more to it than that but it plays a part.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote: I know that when I eat a food that has a high mold content I get asthma and nervous system problems. I can easily give myself all my symptoms back by eating my worst foods. My immune system is screwed up due to something. I think that "something" has to do with yeast.
I don't think having an allergy per se necessarily means your immune system is screwed up. I don't see how yeast itself must figure into it. It doesn't make any sense to me that altering carbohydrates in one's diet would have any bearing on any condition associated with fungus or yeast and instead implies a psychophysiological association.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
It is well known that many Westerners consume a diet that can be very high in refined carbs and sugar. Our obesity rates are among the highest in the world. It makes sense that when we cansume too much of the bad stuff, it will have consequences. It may be feeding bacteria, yeast or both. The logical thing to do is cut back to levels that are within reason, and start eating more green vegetables and more nutricious meat.Has anyone seen the "USA today" today? huge story on what they feed cattle and how dangerous it is.Anyway, at this point I am fairly confidant that my colon has been cleared of all the fungus and probably most yeast. So now, I can move on and deal with my ravaged immune system. i have food intolerances and it is beyond question. I am almost positive that it is not pyschophysiological in nature.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:It is well known that many Westerners consume a diet that can be very high in refined carbs and sugar. Our obesity rates are among the highest in the world.
No relevance.
quote:It may be feeding bacteria, yeast or both.
quote:The logical thing to do ... start eating more green vegetables and more nutricious meat.
The above two are
quote:Has anyone seen the "USA today" today? huge story on what they feed cattle and how dangerous it is.
Spare us.
quote:i have food intolerances and it is beyond question.
quote:I am almost positive that it is not pyschophysiological in nature
I suspect this is the cause of the food intolerances as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FLUX
You are just like the typical doctors in this world. They don't get it through there thick heads that there are such things as yeast infections. I got my vaginal yeast infection after the use of a whole lot of anti biotics. Don't you know that anti biotics kill the good and bad bacteria in the body. The doctors are FOOLS . They believe that only people with aids and cancer can develop Candida (yeast) infection in intestines or in the blood. Flux how old are you ?? I think you are from the older generation (Pre historic time) of doctors who only read books on don't learn for the net. You act like you are einstein !!! WE are all on this forum to learn and no one is over learned.Well i feel much better. And i am going to do a stool exam in the netherlands. And when i get my result you'll be the first to know.It's a pitty you can't read dutch. There are some good articles written by Caroline van dommelen and Dr dalmulder on Candida. KEL I do eat a lots of coconut. It's also on the list of things we can eat. It had capric acid which kills yeast. It does work slow and is not as strong as diclucan !I would advise you to go to a nutrisionist ! I am going tommorrow because i can't do it by myself. It has to be well balanced diet. Where i get all my nutrisions and minerals in. We don't want something else happening ! Plz do it. If your diet is to strict your ureum, calcium and fosfor levels can get pretty much out of control.Bye bye

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.