Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes - there is a new product for those of us with IBS! It's called Digestive Advantage IBS - it's based on a patented bacteria discovered by a company called Ganeden Biotech. I have had a number of individuals on it for a while had and the response has been excellent. This is going to be very effective for a large % of individuals with IBS. It is presently available at drugstore.com ( but it's sold out) - it's at www.rofay.com and in Brooks Drugs - but it will be in wide distribution by the summer I am told.I think this product is really worth a try and I want to let people know.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I responded to an email regarding this stuff. I have a two week sample that I haven't opened. At the time I was on Ibsacol, now doing something else so I haven't tried it. I tried to get people interested in it back when I got the email, but no reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HiIf you have a "2 week sample" - it it probably the other product that they make called "Digestive Advantage" - not the new one called "Digestive Advantage IBS" - I haven't seen 2 week samples of it - though I could be wrong. the DA-IBS is a different formulation for those with IBS as I understand. Digestive Advantage is for Lactose Intolerance - my wife and 4 of my kids are on it - it works great for them.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
gret i read your post a while back, and i did some quick research. i had a few question marks at the time and held off on a reply.i want to take another look at the website.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i too posted up a message about this product and got no reply. i'm also on ibsacol at the moment but i recieved my sample pack of the product they call digestive advantage. did'nt realise there was such a product called DA ibs. well basically you take 2 pills on day one and 2 pills on day 2. then 1 pill a day from then on. i was told i was lactose intollerant, and also was sensitive to dairy products and yeast foods in a recent food allergy test. i dont know how accurate these things are but i always felt in my own mind that they were bad triggers for me. well back to the digestive advantage product, i didnt hold out much hope for it but its day 3 and i have been stuffing my face with lots of food that would normally have me running for the loo. cakes,, chocolate, even managed to eat a large chicken fillet roll and my full dinner of lamb and potatoes. i have only had the urge to go once so far and its now 9.30 at night. and that BM felt kinda normal was'nt loose like usual. still had mild urgency and gas and i took my regular amount of ibsacol too so it could be the 2 working together maybe. i'm not gonna get too excited yet because i've done that before only to fail miserably. if this is how well the digestive advantage works then i think people we could be on to a WINNER with digestive advantage ibs. i'm gonna get onto the company and see if there is any possiblity of samples of the digestive advantage ibs. i have another 6 days of the sample of the normal digestive advantage left so fingers crossed things improve even more. i'm a firm believer in the good bacteria bad bacteria technique. i use to get slight relief from probotic yogurts. i think biopharmacy will be making all the advancements in the near future in curing our punishing disease.i'll let you's know how things went when i finish the sample. hopefully this post attracts more attention because we could have another ibsacol on our hands.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah, the stuff I got was Digestive Advantage IBS. Anyone try it? MatrixD you liked the other DA, maybe this would be better? Like I said, I have not tried it, and right now I don't plan to. I'm doing well with my current plan of action.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Gret,Can you tell us how you got the sample? You said it was an email ad? Can you post the email address you responded to? This product sounds way too much like a bunch of other things I've tried with no success, but I'll try anything if they send me a sample.Thanks,Susan

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been on Digestive Advantage IBS for a little over a week now, and so far, I'm happy with the results.My doc put me on Robinul Forte, but I stopped taking it, as I still had bad days and for a once-a-day presciption, it gets kinda expensive month-to-month.With the DA IBS, the first thing I noticed was that the constant "chatter" in my gut was gone. No tiny cramps or odd bubbling sounds.Bowel movements became more regular and more solid. And with no "sprints" to the bathroom.I'm being cautiously optimistic. For anyone out there looking for an answer, I'd recommend giving it a try, to see if this product works for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts