Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on an old message so I wasn't sure if anyone would see my post -- I'm doing this one to see if anyone can help. I want to know if I should try digestive advantage. I am miserble, miss work, have indigestion, hemmoroids (internal), headaches, my sides or ovaries seem inflammed. I have been to a GI doc last year. They say fiber, fiber, fiber and that makes me sick. Right now I am at work feeling nauseated and tired. What can I do? I would love your advice -- thanks for your time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Give it a try. I've been taking it for 3 weeks with daily relief...until 4 days ago. I could eat fiber all day long and I don't think it would make a difference anymore. Seems our bodies adjust to what helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZIGZAG - THANKS FOR REPLYING. I'M GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY. MIGHT AS WELL TRY EVERYTHING AT LEAST ONCE. SO, IT'S NOT WORKING FOR YOU ANY MORE? ARE YOU STILL TAKING IT? WHAT KIND OF RELIEF DID IT GIVE? I HAVE IBS WITH C. THANKS!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Honestly, the DA didn't do a thing for me.... It tasted like candy though
. I say go ahead and try it. Everybody's different, so diferent things work for different people. You can get a free 2-3 week sample of it by going here: The DA WebsiteOf course, I bought it for $9, before I realized they gave free samples ....
Oh well. Good luck!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, they'll send you a two week supply. I entered my info and waited almost a month. The day I stopped by Walgreens and picked up a box, the samples arrived in the mail. At least I can try it for six weeks now...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Sweetkat: Yes, I'm taking DA-IBS. I have IBS-C and was on donnatal (worked great) but the doctors won't prescibe it any more. So, back to square 1.So far, I've taken DA for 6 days. The first one I took did relieve some of the pain, irritation, and cramping. Then I felt like I had to "go". But, nothing, so I took a donnatal (I have some left). Then, relief. The same thing happended on day 2.Days 3 and 4 - The DA started to make me a little nauseas, but I did have relief. (taking it with food helped now) Day 5 I woke up with cramping. I was about ready to throw out the pack, and found out it was that time of the month. Took an advil, and got relief. Day 6 - too early to tell. They say it takes a month to figure it out. I'm going to continue for the month and see what happens. Considering I've tried about 15 meds, and only donnatal worked - the rest aggrivated the IBS, I do have hope for DA.BJ - Did you keep the box and receipt? They will refund your $$ if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nope. I didn't. I didn't take the whole box though, only took a little over 2 weeks worth, and then I got my free sample, and I ended up selling it all on eBay. Which sounds kind of silly, I know, but I know everyone's IBS is different, so I figured I'd let someone else try it without paying full price like I did. Not that it's SUPER expensive... but hey, a dollar's a dollar......

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just signed up for the free samples and ordered the DA for IBS. I don't understand, though, I'm ordering it since I'm IBS-C, but now I'm reading it helped IBS-D. So, did I not get the right one?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Box claims works for both, they do not have a separate product for constipation vs diarrhea predominate IBS.They do have a separate product for chron's/ulcerative colitis and one that is for gas.Not sure what the differences between the products are.K.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried digestive advantage last year and it appeared to work at the beginning as my symptoms would usually be gone by 10 in the morning and wouldn't return until late that night, but within a month, It no longer helped me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.