Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any more information on digestive enzyme supplements - specifically what they are, and what they do? I've tried researching it online, but all I find are websites trying to sell the stuff - nothing explaining how they actually work.I read a post here from someone who said it has helped them. So I went to GNC and bought their product called Enzyme Digestant. I've taken one pill a day for the past few days. I'm a type D exclusively, and so far I would say it definitely hasn't made things any worse. In fact, the only side effect I've noticed is incredible hunger pangs. I get so hungry in between meals I feel like my stomach is going to literally implode. Granted, I would take that any day over the queasiness I usually feel.Is D sometimes caused by food not being digestable? When I eat lettuce, for instance, it seems to go right through me without even being digested. Is my body trying to flush it out of my system by dumping water into my intestines? If this is the case, then could taking a supplement such as this help my body to digest things better and decrease D?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It might help with post-eating bloated or fullness.EVERYONE on the planet has undigested bits of food in their stool. Plant materials make up most of this in humans. Undigested matter is not likely causing the D,It is much more noticable when you have loose stools then when you have formed stools.One way to find out what someone eats (or some animal eats) is to get the poo (for hard to find animals sometimes this is the only way) and pull it apart and look at the undigested bits.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It might help with post-eating bloated or fullness.EVERYONE on the planet has undigested bits of food in their stool. Plant materials make up most of this in humans. Undigested matter is not likely causing the D,It is much more noticable when you have loose stools then when you have formed stools.One way to find out what someone eats (or some animal eats) is to get the poo (for hard to find animals sometimes this is the only way) and pull it apart and look at the undigested bits.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.