Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone else has tried Digestive Enzymes? If so, what was the outcome? I have been trying them since Monday and I am so sick and tired, of being sick and tired. Yesterday, was a HORRIBLE day...I have been trying Digestive Enzymes and I am not sure if that was the problem? I was essentially useless yesterday. I slept alot because I was SO ILL, I found it was the only way to keep my mind off my symptoms. I had crazy pain and diarrhea. I had to resort to taking morphine 4 times yesterday. I also took Bentylol, peppermint capsules and tea...Eating was like a force feeding. The only thing I did enjoy, was the hempseed,yogurt and fruit smoothie. I also drank about 5 litres of water, my beverage of choice. I usually get severe pain when I over exhert myself, that was not the case yesterday because I was a couch potatoe. Anything I ate went right threw me. SORRY FOR BEING SO graphic, but, my diarrhea was mainly watery mucus. I had strands that looked like earthworms. Would that be caused from the digestive enzymes? I am not sure of anything anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have A Good Day, Carol.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
They shouldn't be making the diarrhea worse than it would be unless you are allergic or sensitive to some of the inert ingredients.The only thing they are really proven to help with for IBSers (if you take ones with pancreatin in them) is post meal bloating.Are you sure you don't have a stomach bug on top of the IBS right now? That sounds like how I feel when I have one more than my IBS did (unless this is usual for your IBS). With yet another report of contaminated food (huge recall of eggs in the USA) there is always a chance for picking up something that would make anyone sick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Kathleen, you were right. It must have been a bug because I am feeling much better. My usual symptoms are troublesome, however they aren't that bad. HAVE A GREAT DAY, Carol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts