Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year Everyone!I was wondering if anyone taking digestive enzymes whether prescribed or over the counter has gained weight?I have been taking them for the past 2 or so weeks (Daily Essential Enzymes by Source Naturals..health food shoppe) and I am noticing that I am gaining weight??!!The problem is I don't want to gain weight, but the enzymes seem to help me with eating and keeping the gas, pain, bloating to a minimum?Any info would be really helpful.. ThanksSueK

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have gained about 12 pounds, cince thanksgiving. My thinking is that the irritation or "sunburn", of our digestive/intestional systems, impacts our nervous systems, speeding up our metabolisms, once the supplemts induce healing of our systems, the nervous sytem returns to normal, with a slow down in the metabolc rate = weight gain.Previously i suffered from:Combination c&d, stomach pain/bloating, discomfort on my left side, inability to sleep, irritability, weak sick feeling, fatigue bordering on exhaustion. The result of the "sunburned digestive/intestional system".See Helico.com- explains the sunburned aspect.response to earlier post:I agree 100%, began takingAcidophilus in April, 2005, along with Aloe Vera Gel - Non LaxativeUpgraded to Primadophilus Reuteri in September has worked miracles. I take daily because of my love of coffee. I also drink Green Tea.I purchase from iherb.com - Nature's Way brand. Relatively inexpensive.Reuteri/Aloe Vera is a winner.Had been meaning to post the above.THIS SHOULD BE TRIED BY ALL IBS, SUFFERERS.EVERYONE SHOULD THANK RJ100CAPS USED TO MAKE A POINT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there,I desperately need to gain weight, having dropped to approx 6 stone due to D and inability to eat much for some time. I have just started on the fiber supplements and diet on the Help For IBS website. I am hoping this will work, but if not, what is the deal with Digestive Enyzmes?Happy new year.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I also need to put on some weight, i am waiting for a test result from a poop test i had to do,they were checking for lack of enyzmes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do agree with you WHLX. I had lost about 6 pounds because of the IBS and the only reason I even tried the enzymes was because a family member kept bugging ( I am a terrible synic).I have to say when I started taking them right before meals, I could actually eat the whole meal and afterwards not feel like I just ate a whole turkey.. very little gas, pain, etc.But yes, it is making me gain weight and I agree with your response that the metabolism is slowing down due to the healing and also being able to eat more..Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.