Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem with gas (bloating) and my doctor has me on an elimination diet plus digestive enzymes. i was doing good on the diet and today i took the enzymes and BAM im bloated as hell.. and the thing is i dont eat 3 meals a day, or 5 or 6 small meals a day. the enzymes say to take with 3 meals a day. i eat like 20 meals a day. i know what it sounds like, like im a fat ass...well im not. i'm talking i go to the fridge eat an apple here, smal handful of nuts there, banana there, cup of rice here, sweet potatoe there, etc...well i decided the biggest meals (rice puff cereal morning, rice midday and sweet potatoe night) is when i will take them...but is it worth it. i am so bloated im in pain. does this sound familiar please give me some infromation idk what to do. i dont want to waste my money every month ordering these pills (i have to order them over the phone and they are expensive) i dont know if this is temporary or not but im in pain

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this site but an old hand at ibs, and I am still trying to figure it all out. One thing I have found is that a large number of ibs sufferers are lactose intolerant. I am. I also found that many of the digestive enzymes out there come from milk and have lactose in them. So, take the enzyme and your stomach blows up, pain, gas, diarrhea etc. I would like someone to tell me an enzyme that is lactose free, please.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I take OmnigestEZ by sunsource. It contains seven digestive enzymes and is lactose free. I take 3 tablets with lunch and 3 tablets with dinner. And if I'm eating a big holiday meal I take 4 tablets. I've had good success, I still have gas and wind, but not nearly as bad as it was, and it really helps with the bloating. I know if I miss taking it. It is expensive, you can order it on Amazon, as well as other sites. Walmart no longer carries it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.