Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your previous replies. I have had another problem! Ate my weight in Pistachio Nuts! Again I saw them in stool and had very aggravating stomach pains. I am assuming it was caused by the Pistachios!Didnt realize these would be so bad.Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, For most of us with "D" any sort of nuts are a big trigger. I can't have any lentials or nut,peanut butter and thing with made with nuts. It send me almost immediatly to the bathroom. I keep a list of what I can't eat on the refrigerator door. I gave it to my DR and the first time I went to talk to the nutritionist after I found out I had Type 2 Diabetis. That meeting was interesting becaue I can't eat alot of what I'm supposed to being a diabetic but with a little care I have been able to keep my blood sugar down so I have escaped medicine for it. The med causes "D" so I fight to keep it down. Taffy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, For most of us with "D" any sort of nuts are a big trigger. I can't have any lentials or nut,peanut butter and thing with made with nuts. It send me almost immediatly to the bathroom. I keep a list of what I can't eat on the refrigerator door. I gave it to my DR and the first time I went to talk to the nutritionist after I found out I had Type 2 Diabetis. That meeting was interesting becaue I can't eat alot of what I'm supposed to being a diabetic but with a little care I have been able to keep my blood sugar down so I have escaped medicine for it. The med causes "D" so I fight to keep it down. Taffy

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Nuts are hard to digest and it is fairly typical for pieces of them to get through to the colon intact (which is why people with divirticular problems avoid seeds and nuts. they don't break down in the GI tract well and can get stuck in the pouches).Nuts are high in fat and high fat foods, particularly large amounts of them can trigger IBS-D in some people.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Nuts are hard to digest and it is fairly typical for pieces of them to get through to the colon intact (which is why people with divirticular problems avoid seeds and nuts. they don't break down in the GI tract well and can get stuck in the pouches).Nuts are high in fat and high fat foods, particularly large amounts of them can trigger IBS-D in some people.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anything with little seeds in it bother mealso. Sandwich buns with sesame seed send me off. If I order a sandwich with thoes seeds I ask for 2 bun bottoms or have it put on a regular bun. I like Arbys roast beef sandwiches mostly. Most places are very nice about it. they are always saying that lots of people can't eat them. Taffy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anything with little seeds in it bother mealso. Sandwich buns with sesame seed send me off. If I order a sandwich with thoes seeds I ask for 2 bun bottoms or have it put on a regular bun. I like Arbys roast beef sandwiches mostly. Most places are very nice about it. they are always saying that lots of people can't eat them. Taffy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.