Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GI consultant i saw a few weeks ago wrote to me today.He has been pondering my symptoms and thinks i could possibly be suffering from a variation on cyclical vomiting syndrome.He says variation as i don't actually vomit but have cycles of long term nausea. He says it's only a slight possibility but it could be what's causing my symptoms. So i am to trial a low dose of beta blocker which is effective in contolling CVS.This throws up (no pun intended!) somewhat of a dilema. Should i proceed with the planned gallbladder removal. I think i will write to the surgeon and put it on hold to see how the beta blockers work out.To be honest since commencing mirtazapine i am virtually symptom free.....4 months of good weight gain and virtual normality.....typical when faced with surgery. Lol.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If medication is helping you and Doctor wants you to try beta blockers,i think that is worth doing rather than going ahead with surgery at the moment,but of course only you can decide that and see what the Doctor says also.You must let me know how you get on with the trial as i suffer from awful nausea also.Good luck.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Diana have you tried Ginger capsules?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure what all of your symptoms are... but I too experienced a lot of nausea before having my gallbladder removed. Honestly, even though I had gb disease I wish I would've tried other things before proceeding with the surgery. If you have IBS, unfortunately having your gallbladder removed could exacerbate the symptoms :/. I hope the meds work out for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.